Teryx HQ banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help. Snorks are on and of course we are trying them out at every occasion. Today I noticed that when I want to start my ride in neutral it will not turn over until I press brake pedal. Now this would be no big deal if the unit was in gear but in neutral is something new to me. Does anyone know what controls this function (switch etc) and where it is located. I'm pretty sure this is a new symptom for my ride. (2010 teryx) I believe that I could start it in neutral without pressing brake.
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Need help. Snorks are on and of course we are trying them out at every occasion. Today I noticed that when I want to start my ride in neutral it will not turn over until I press brake pedal. Now this would be no big deal if the unit was in gear but in neutral is something new to me. Does anyone know what controls this function (switch etc) and where it is located. I'm pretty sure this is a new symptom for my ride. (2010 teryx) I believe that I could start it in neutral without pressing brake.
Thanks for the help.
There are two relay's that are under your drivers seat that can go bad. One of the two is a brake relay that allows the engine to start while you press the brake. It is about a 3/4" square and has a rubber boot that goes over it. If you swap the two with each other you should be able to start it with the brake pressed. If the other is bad then you will not be able to start in neutral. Part is about thirty bucks if I remember right.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are two relay's that are under your drivers seat that can go bad. One of the two is a brake relay that allows the engine to start while you press the brake. It is about a 3/4" square and has a rubber boot that goes over it. If you swap the two with each other you should be able to start it with the brake pressed. If the other is bad then you will not be able to start in neutral. Part is about thirty bucks if I remember right.
Thats pretty much where I stopped with the dielectric grease. Do I wonder if there are other spots I should have gotten into. Didn't want to mess with the brains of the outfit if you get my drift. Maybe I should have. Anyone else play in the water and have some suggestions here. I've pretty much touched most of the connections around the bike but under the seat(seems stupid now) I haven't really pulled many of the connections in fear of creating more problems than its worth.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Is the neutral light on the dash on? If not, then it could be a shift linkage adjustment issue. Sometimes when I put mine into neutral the light doesn't come on. When this happens I have to either press the brake to start or wiggle my shifter around. When the green light come on I can start without brakes. My shifter is out of adjustment and I have been too lazy to adjust it yet. LOL

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is the neutral light on the dash on? If not, then it could be a shift linkage adjustment issue. Sometimes when I put mine into neutral the light doesn't come on. When this happens I have to either press the brake to start or wiggle my shifter around. When the green light come on I can start without brakes. My shifter is out of adjustment and I have been too lazy to adjust it yet. LOL
Just checked it again. No the neutral llight is not lit. So this means i have to adjust my shifter linkage? Now I haven't followed this back at all. What part of the linkage do I need to mess with. My non mechanical senses are tingling. LOL. Can anyone explain this to and idiot like me.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can anyone help me with this? Has this been discussion on here before. Adjusting shifter linkage.

·
Registered
526 Posts
You have to take the plastics off around the shifter. Once off you will see a rod that goes from shifterr to back. Look at that rod and you will see a nut that you loosen and then you spin the rod to adjust.

·
Registered
318 Posts
You have to take the plastics off around the shifter. Once off you will see a rod that goes from shifterr to back. Look at that rod and you will see a nut that you loosen and then you spin the rod to adjust.
what he said, just put gear selector in neutral and turn linkage til neutral light comes on, then re-tighten jam nut, real simple

1 - 8 of 8 Posts