Teryx HQ banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the widest tire you can put on a stock front rim? i would like to run maxxis big horns and get all the same size on my 11 Teryx. i tried to put the rear rim on the front but it hits the ball joint and i DON'T really want to run spacers. Or what are some other options? aftermarket rims maybe? i have the stock steel rims now.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
I always run 2-3" wider in the back for extra floatation and keep steering lighter in the front at that 9" wide range. I have always used aftermarket rims though.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll thave to check the black diamonds out are they pretty comparable to big horns? And I would like to run a wider tire like the backs all the way around or is there no real need other then a cool look factor?

·
Registered
214 Posts
It is quite common to run the same size tire all the way around using aftermarket wheels.

Here is a photo of one of our Employee's Rhino (sorry, it's a Yamaha) with 12x7 4+3 Vision Lockout wheels and 26x9-12 Trail Finder tires on all four corners:

Let us know if we can be of assistance.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I like the 9's all around. Less unsprung weight & not as much front end push. Also like the looks of the black diamonds. ATV outfitters straight up to deal with.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I'll thave to check the black diamonds out are they pretty comparable to big horns? And I would like to run a wider tire like the backs all the way around or is there no real need other then a cool look factor?
Depends on what you mean comparable. They are less expensive and more durable , less flex in the side wall

If you are a higher speed trail rider then 9 all the way around will handle so much better, turn easier and have more power.

If you have a need for the wider stuff then that is different.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have bought stuff from Hunterworks before treated me right so ill go to him. I don't do a lot of high speed trail riding some mud but mostly woods riding and I use my teryx for hunting and spraying and I was thinking about putting a 2" receiver hitch on the front end and mount a seeder there and thought with an extra 150 lbs or so the extra wide tires may support the extra weight better

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I have bought stuff from Hunterworks before treated me right so ill go to him. I don't do a lot of high speed trail riding some mud but mostly woods riding and I use my teryx for hunting and spraying and I was thinking about putting a 2" receiver hitch on the front end and mount a seeder there and thought with an extra 150 lbs or so the extra wide tires may support the extra weight better
I don't think 150lbs is make much of a difference as far as tires go.

Without looking I think there is a 26x10x12 which would fall in the middle of what we both are saying.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts