Teryx HQ banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just for conversation , does an expensive replacement seat make that much of a difference in the ride and comfort of your Teryx? I have to say, that looking at one on the internet, they do look pretty comfortable. Would they change the leg room or the height that you sit at ? This would be a big investment to make to find out that they don't make much of a difference at all. Main thing I guess is that they don't take any of my leg room away , since again, I'm so tall. I just do fit now, couldn't afford to give up any space.

Thanks!!!!!

Dennis

·
Registered
242 Posts
I can't say for seating position in the Teryx but the after market seats I have sat in in the Rhino make a big difference in comfort - You feel like you are sitting IN the seat rather than on the seat. Feels more secure, etc. I don't think they add any real change in the seating position, although there are seat lowering brackets available for the Teryx if that would help you out.

Oh, and yes, seats are on my list - I just need to find some people with them in A Teryx so I can see what brand I want to get.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I have a set of prp seats in my Teryx and have to say this would be one of my first purchases in the future. For a long day on the trail they make all the differance. I didn't spend much time in mine before the seats but don't think I lost any leg room at all. I think the seat is money well spent in my opinion.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
You will be amazed at the increase in comfort level by going with a high quality aftermarket seat. Not only that, however, you feel more planted in the seat and are not prone to sliding around.

·
Registered
61 Posts
It is possible that you might loose a little room but the gain in comfort and safety will be well worth it. Just stay away from the cheapo fiberglass bucket seats. I have Jet Trim seat and love them.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Ya the Jet Trim seats are really nice, same with the Twisted Stitch, PRP, and BS Sand.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If I can convince my banker to go along with the new seats I'll be alright. She says what's wrong with the seats in it? Women just don't understand...

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am 6-2" and put the Jet Trim seats in mine and they are awesome. Totally comfortable and worth every penny. They definitely add some class.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I am 6-2" and put the Jet Trim seats in mine and they are awesome. Totally comfortable and worth every penny. They definitely add some class.
Jerry, I see you are in Portland, Where do you ride at? I'm REALLY wanting the Jet Trim seats from the looks of them - Before I drop that much on them I want to SIT in them... I'm 6'1" and 270lbs and worry about them fitting me and being comfortable...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, this is the four hundred dollar question..... How can you be sure any aftermarket seat would indeed fit you and your riding style????I'm 6-5 and can't afford to give up much room , if any, and would like a more comfortable seat and will pay for it gladly if I knew it would fit and be comfortable.....
I suppose a person would have to go to a Teryx show or something, but they probably wouldn't let you sit or ride off down the road in one of them... We're stuck with this seat , I guess...

·
Registered
242 Posts
Well A aftermarket seat will fit you just fine if you are in the "average" norms of size, I'm a big guy (read: fat, heh) So I worry a bit about the fit for my butt. I've been in several rhino's with aftermarket seats and Always felt just fine in them, The Jet Trim though are a bit different in the taller side bolsters and such. I doubt there are any places around here where there is aftermarket seats installed in a Teryx, unless you can find someone with them in their own personal ride..

·
Registered
722 Posts
I sat in a set of BS sand seats for the Teryx and they were pretty nice. The salesman said they were wider than a normal rhino aftermarket seat because they had more interior room in a Teryx. I am n ot sure if this is true or not but might be worth checking out for a bigger guy.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Seats

I have PRP seats in mine. I'm 6'2" 245 lbs. They are tight for me at the front of the seat. It's not bad for short rides but if you are in it for a while, it starts to annoy me. I wish they made an extra wide version, but they said that the Teryx wouldn't fit a wider seat. With that being said, I would get them again. It is totally worth it to me. In the desert, going fast, the seats absorb the bumps. It feels like you have better suspension than you actually have. You sit in them, not on them. Whoops jumps and high speed corners are all better with racing seats because they absorb alot of the bumps and you move with the car. Five years ago I preran the Score San Felipe 250 in my Bronco prerunner with stock seats. (big mistake) We were bouncing all over the place, the course is nothing but 2 foot whoops for the first 30 miles. I took four guys on that prerun and one of the guys raced baja for over 10 years. Within 5 minutes the racer guy said " you need seats bad, Seats will make this truck feel like a totally different vehicle". I didn't know any better and thought he was full of it. So we bounced around for the next 10 hours, It was hell, The longest 10 hours of my life. The next time we preran I had four extra wide beard seats and it was like a totally different truck. Rode like a cadillac. He was right. Seats and belts would be my first investment for a Teryx if you can find some that fit you. Worth every cent.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have PRP seats in mine.* I'm 6'2" 245 lbs.* They are tight for me at the front of the seat. It's not bad for short rides but if you are in it for a while, it starts to annoy me.* I wish they made an extra wide version, but they said that the Teryx wouldn't fit a wider seat. With that being said, I would get them again. It is totally worth it to me.* In the desert, going fast, the seats absorb the bumps. It feels like you have better suspension than you actually have. You sit in them, not on them. Whoops jumps and high speed corners are all better with racing seats because they absorb alot of the bumps and you move with the car.* Five years ago I preran* the Score San Felipe 250 in my Bronco prerunner with stock seats. (big mistake) We were bouncing all over the place, the course is nothing but 2 foot whoops for the first 30 miles. I took four guys on that prerun and one of the guys raced baja for over 10 years. Within 5 minutes the racer guy said " you need seats bad, Seats will make this truck feel like a totally different vehicle". I didn't know any better and thought he was full of it.* So we bounced around for the next 10 hours, It was hell, The longest 10 hours of my life.* The next time we preran I had four extra wide beard seats and it was like a totally different truck. Rode like a cadillac. He was right.* Seats and belts would be my first investment for a Teryx if you can find some that fit you. Worth every cent.
*Thanks for the good info on the seats. I will be getting me some as soon as I can afford them.* I would also like to extend my roll cage back to the bed, I think that really looks good . That plastic top looks alittle bit pixy , if you ask me. Thanks again!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts