Teryx HQ banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
thanks what would you recomend on a buget and is the map you get from muzzys for there pipes for the msd any good?
Assuming you mean is the map from Muzzy for their pipe any good, I'm sure it is fine they know what they are doing.

The light bar is ok but the lights just draw too much. I don't know of any good lights that don't draw much current. What you need is HID lights but they are high.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Assuming you mean is the map from Muzzy for their pipe any good, I'm sure it is fine they know what they are doing.

The light bar is ok but the lights just draw too much. I don't know of any good lights that don't draw much current. What you need is HID lights but they are high.

LED is the lowest amp draw available today. You can run alot of LED light on a stock stator.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I agree but the cost is just crazy!
Ditto on the INSANE cost of the LED bars.

This past weekend I was actually able to see HID and LED duke it out on the dunes at night. My bro has an HID conversion on his Teryx and added 2 4" HIDs on his front bumper (They were the ones from Unleashed for like $110 each.) His buddy had the 42" LED bar on a rhino. The HIDs reached out further and were quite impressive to have really only added a cost of $350. The LED didn't reach out near as far, but still put off pretty good light. BUT ... and I stress BUT ... at 6 TIMES THE COST. We took a look at the voltage on his laptop (hooked up to his MSD) and it dropped to 12.2-12.5 with the HIDs on.
I realize that if someone is doing night races and such with extended current draw ... it may end up being an issue. But for my short 1-2 hour night rides ... I can get buy with a little more current draw.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts