Teryx HQ banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you change your own tires. I plan on getting a new set and was curious how hard it is to do myself. What tools do I need? Is there any tips or tricks?

Thanks in advance Axo

·
Registered
241 Posts
It can be done, considering what ply you have, but I have found most tire shops only charge 7.00 to 8.00 dollars a wheel to do this, money well spent in my opinion:good:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tires Plus by my house wants to charge $20 a tire. Someone told me Walmart does them for $5.00 a tire :D. I will give them a shot.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Been in the tire business since 1979, you can save a little money if you want to do it youself, you just about have to have some type of bead breaker to break the old tire down and then you just need to make sure you take it off the side with the drop down mounting groove most are going to come off the front unless it has a strange off set, then you need a couple of small tire tools or large screw drivers, we do most of them on the machines, I have seen many beads ruined on new tires from improper mounting but its no big deal if you have ever taken any tires off wheels. we get 15.00 bucks to mount and dismount ATV tires unless they are bought from us and then its free.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts