Teryx HQ banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, my wife calls me today and tells me that she is on her way home and that she saw a Teryx on the street in Seal Beach today. It was right in front of here and it even had a CA plate on it.

Not only this, but about a month ago, in the same area, my mom said she saw a side x side too with CA plates and all. Maybe the same one, but either way...

Can these be made street legal????????? I mean, I know theyd be a no no on the freeway, even tho ive seen POS cars that shouldnt be on the freeway either but how cool would that be??????? Drivin your Teryx to work, school, play, or the NUDY BAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Banana1:

Heres a picture taken from the SDR website...

I know this peticualar one probably isnt it (plus, this ones a Rhino) and this picture doesnt mean that this one IS street legal, but its just an example of what the wife saw today.

·
Registered
189 Posts
i think there are some area's u can register them with blinkers and horn setup. In NC u can register Golf carts for the street but they have to be electric.

·
Registered
492 Posts
UTV Crap

utvcraps new D.O.T legal turn signal kit ... youll also need a horn Kit , lighted license plate and then youll need to beable to jump thru a hoop or two

·
Registered
78 Posts
when I tried to register mine Iwas told you could not register them because of smog issues. I was told that golf carts that are gas are not allowed to be registered in cali anymore either.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So, my wife calls me today and tells me that she is on her way home and that she saw a Teryx on the street in Seal Beach today. It was right in front of here and it even had a CA plate on it.

Not only this, but about a month ago, in the same area, my mom said she saw a side x side too with CA plates and all. Maybe the same one, but either way...

Can these be made street legal????????? I mean, I know theyd be a no no on the freeway, even tho ive seen POS cars that shouldnt be on the freeway either but how cool would that be??????? Drivin your Teryx to work, school, play, or the NUDY BAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Banana1:

Heres a picture taken from the SDR website...

I know this peticualar one probably isnt it (plus, this ones a Rhino) and this picture doesnt mean that this one IS street legal, but its just an example of what the wife saw today.
5150: I was told by the Kawa Dealer that because the Bill Of Laden from Kawa states "Not Intended for Highway Use" CA will not register them, they won't even recognize my SD plate, AZ will and I drive on the road here in Yuma.
Mike

·
Registered
12 Posts
A second thought is that they changed the frame out and took it to the CHP and got a new VIN# and Bill of Laden then took it to the DMV to license it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts