Teryx HQ banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 08 Teryx has about 260 hours with about 1800 miles. It has been smokin pretty bad and using quite a bit of oil. Has anyone else experienced this? Could it be valve guides and seals or piston rings?? It has been worked but not abused!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry for the dumb question

Did a search, found alot, I'll check things out tomorrow and probably be ordering the mod. THANKS!!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Sounds like you might need to check and see in you are getting oil into you air filter from the crank case vent, has been a very common problem it will cause smokeing ad loss of oil. check you filter good to see if you see any sign of oil in the bottom of filter housing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NY

Yes, it smokes most all the time. We live in northern Allegany County of NY. Work it mostly in the woods and on the farm.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
That really sucks, most likely all you need is to put a new set of rings in it or you can go performance.

Only thing I think of though is with all the dirt going in it, I would split the case and put a new set of rod bearings in it before it started knocking.

Would really suck to do a top end and not long after it start knocking and have to go back in and do the whole thing again.

Actually we did this exact thing to our own Teryx in the last month. Runs like a top now!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts