Teryx HQ banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey TeryxHQ. How ya'll doing? Anyone have or seen a snorkel kit for the Teryx?
Been looking but no luck. Saw the AFE intake, and thought about getting one.
But would it have a place to attach a snorkel? These are the thoughts that keep me awake at nite....lol :confused:

·
Registered
116 Posts
snorkel

There is a post on here about a diy kit for the cvt intake and exhaust. Parts are about $25 from Lowes, Home Depot. or plumbing supply house. Takes about an hour to install once the plastic is removed. Works great . I put the the exhaust snorkel at the same heighth as the airbox lid so my wife knows not to go any deeper than the top of the seat.

·
Registered
293 Posts
ive had snorkels on mine for quite awhile,id pass on the afe intake

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Kent,

It's loud, it makes the intake lower and it might hurt performance.

Vacuum style carbs like we have need a small amount of vacuum inside the airbox to make the slid perform like it should.

There are other options that are less expensive and add more performance.

Since we sell the other option I won't push it so just ask about HW carb/intake kit on this forum. I'm sure those who have it will give you a honest review of it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I would buy the option (jet kit) that Hunterworks has. I have had a lot of problems trying to run filter kits on my prairie due to the style of carbs (Teryx carbs are the same basic design) They are extremely sensitive to vacuum changes and you can hurt performance quicker than you can gain it. I have bought a few things from Hunterworks and would highly recommend them and their kit ( I will be purchasing it myself in the next few weeks)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts