Teryx HQ banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
I would say talk to a local canvas shop or boat shop. We are looking and I know they are not perfect but I think I will still go aluminum.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would say talk to a local canvas shop or boat shop. We are looking and I know they are not perfect but I think I will still go aluminum.
Yeah i definitely like the look of the aluminum but I hear that they can be kinda loud. I see that you have an '86 250R, man do I miss my Quadracer 250..........

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wonder if you did the arma-coating to a aluminum roof if that would quiet it down and look better?
Seems like it would. I think I read somewhere of someone doing that and said it made quite a difference. Or maybe they used a Rhino-Lining type of material.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Kawidriver, I don't know if you have stores like Fleet Farm in Georgia or not? If you do they may have a different name down there. My son had seen some in a package marked for the Teryx for around a $100 or so in Green Bay, but I had already ordered one from the dealer. If I remember correctly he charged me about $160. In defense of the factory roof though, it sure fits good & looks really sharp (my opinion anyway). It's a snap to put on/take off. We used zip ties to secure the straps around the front part of the roll bar & it makes for a nice clean application.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I think I am going to cover mine in a material of some sort to quiet it down. I will talk to some shops this week and see what I can do. Hey Kaw the R is a great bike that has been handed down to my son he loves it and it still dunes with the best of them. I am getting old and needed a 4 stroke. Hopefully the bike stays in the family forever.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I got a Jeep bikini top made by Smittybuilt (4wheel parts # 92815) cost was $34.99. I'm getting a four seat cage, so it works fine now. Install it backwards and I went to Ace Hardware and got four button snaps to keep the corners in place. Total cost was less than $40 and about 1 hour install time. I'll try and post up a couple of pictures...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts