Teryx HQ banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the sound from the Teryx when you shut it down. Sounds like it’s a modem dialing to the internet…sort of. Someone mentioned what it was, but I can’t recall what it was. And why is it necessary? Have had a lot of vehicles over the years and not a single one made noise like that.

Also, at times, when I slow down and come to idle, there is a whistle sound. Isn’t there all the time, and just the lightest throttle makes it go away. Also, take it out of gear…and it’s gone. Is this the belt?

·
Registered
121 Posts
jcummins, I've heard that sound too just after shutting down & was wondering if it might be a relay for the fuel pump or something resetting. I haven't heard the whistle, but remember someone talking about a squeal in the belt at idle. Don't remember if they said it was only when in gear or not. I imagine someone with more experience will shed some light on both issues:)

·
Registered
180 Posts
It is the EBS resetting itself. Should make the same noise when you go down a steep hill in lowrange. If you are going real slow, down a steep hill you will hear it kicking in and out. My Brute Force did the same thing.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thanks Jeepnron & Mouser, I haven't tried mine on any significant hills yet, nor have I carefully read the manual. You only read it when all else fails, right? The EBS will come in handy on my hunting trip to Montana in October. Does it work in high also, or just in Lo & is there a difference if you are in 4WD? Thought maybe you've experienced it. Any comments on the other noise? (which I haven't hear yet)

·
Registered
119 Posts
The engine brake works real nice when you are going down hill in hi or low gear as long as your not pressing the gas at all. If you want to coast down hill just feather the gas.

·
Registered
180 Posts
IT'll work in High, but not as strong. In High, you won't hear it probably, trail riding slow, you can hear it kicking in and out. Don't know about the Teryx's, but the EBS was too strong in low range 2wd on the Brute. It would lock the tires up and slide down hill. 4wd would work perfect.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I don't think so. I had mine checked at the Kawasaki dealer, at 20 hours, and they said it was within spec.. Mine squeels when left in "H" while sitting still, and it jumps slightly when starting off slow in "H". I would not want to tighten it too much, it may cause the belt to break at high speed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts