Teryx HQ banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had a bed liner sprayed in their Teryx yet? I am wondering about how much it would cost. I have a Rhino in my truck, but do not like how it faded out so quick. Anyone know of any liners that have the rubbery feel like the rhino, but do not fade like the rhino. I would like to have the inside of the bed sprayed but not the tailgate since it is plastic.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
have you looked into Inyati or Line-X? Also, they have some spray to help keep them looking their best as well.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys,
I will look for a local Line-X dealer. I carried a chain saw and a cooler in the back of the Teryx for a couple of days, and have started rubbing the paint off of the inside of the bed. I don't think that the spray in would be too much since the bed is so small. I will post pics after I get it done.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Naw the spray in should not be too expensive...you may have to remove the bed and take it in though, but I am not sure.

Here is a dealer for you:

XTRA Dealer
Aprox 28 miles to Line-X of South Georgia
4548-C Val North Road
Valdosta, GA, 31602
U.S.A.
(229)244-0020
[email protected]
Line-X of South Georgia

You can also use this to search for other dealers, however, the one above was closest to Madison, Florida :)

Line-X

·
Registered
50 Posts
There is a do it yourself one called herculiner. I dont know that much about it, but it looks like you roll it on. I think you can get it for less than $100 for a gallon at most auto part stores. Here is a link to there site

Herculiner Truck Bed Liners

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
I have never used the do it yourself stuff...I always figured, heck have someone do it and if it peels, it is on them to fix it.

It is a thought though, wonder how durable that stuff is? :confused:

Looking at the video though, installation seems to be quite easy.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The deal with spray in bed liners is the surface has to be rough or scuffed with DA sander.

I spoke to my local line-x dealer and they would spray a liner in for 50 bucks if I did the sanding part and scuffed the bed myself.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Sounds like a pretty decent deal to me!

Did you have to remove the bed?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The sanding shouldn't take too long, the bed is very small. Most of the work would be to peel all of the warning stickers off of the inside of the bed. I didn't have time today, but I am going to call the Line-X dealer in the morning to see what they will charge. The Kawasaki rubber bed mat is $94.00 from the dealer, so as long as the Line-X is less than $120.00, I am going to have it done. A truck is about $400.00 bucks, so I am guessing around $75.00.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I LOVE the Line-X in my truck. I first saw it used at a tower company I worked at. All the trucks were beat by angle iron for microwave towers/tools/cinderblocks thrown in them etc. The lifetime warranty is a plus! Any chunks come out, they make it like new. No questions asked. And even though it fades after sometime(exposed to the sun all day, BUT most of us probably don't keep the UTV's in the yard all day 24-7) It can be Scrubbed and cleaned then sprayed with the protectant they recomend. Makes it look like new. Not too shiny!! It's kinda like armour all, but better and doesn't give off that greenish-yellow drip when wet... I will post the type/brand soon... It's in the garage somewhere...

Line-x dealers will spray anything...floorboards, utility bed tops, utility trailors sides etc...

Good Stuff!

·
Registered
3 Posts
i just got back from cape hatteras and seen a couple of trucks completly covered in line ex....im talking brand new $40,000+ trucks...looked pretty cool...it must help with the salt air rusting it ???

·
Registered
780 Posts
anybody ever do this? would like to see some pics as i will be doing this tomorrow.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I use Line-X for all my bed liners and it's a great product. Have done the DIY kits and only good for cleaning up a box before you sell the truck, good for this application because cheap but not durable, makes a used truck look good. For the Teryx I could use the DIY kits but I wouldn't use it on mine even if it was free! Will only cost you time and effort in the future, plus the cost of the kit for a full size truck I am sure will cost you the same as having the Line-X guys do it for you and no leftover product for you to keep on the shelf for years and throw out! My opinion.:)

·
Registered
780 Posts
well i dint do mine today, too cold. however for not more than i actually USE the bed, the DIY will be just fine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We used the Herculiner in a truck bed and it worked awesome. It took a little while to prep
the bed but it turned out great. Only took about 3 hours to dry and about 5 hours total.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I still have'nt had mine done. Line-X wanted like $350.00 to do the Teryx, and that was if I took the bed off so they wouldn't have to mask the whole machine.
Rhino Linings said they would do it for an even $100.00. So that is where I will take it. I wont have it done until after the first of the year, but I will post pics when I do.

·
Registered
33 Posts
NAPA and Auto Zone have a DIY type liner that comes with a funky roller applicator. The prep is simple and it does finish nice. I think a gallon can of it was only $30.00 .

1 - 20 of 36 Posts