Teryx HQ banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the new Rex ready for Mud Nats this year in Texas. Bought the SSV WP-OU4 model speaker/Ipod dock.

Hooked it up with no problems, mounting a breeze (a few mods, but only because I'm a stickler for perfection, no knock on this company). Sounded GREAT...I mean...for the money this sucker ROCKS...great highs, super mid bass....much more than I expected.

Got to the Nationals about a week or so later and it played for a short time but then just went bonkers. Powered up fine, but no sound, no control.

This is where a company makes a name for itself though, when things go wrong (and no matter how much you try to make a top notch perfect product, Mr. Newton always steps in now and then). I contacted Trevor at SSV Works via cell phone; me being all the way down in Jacksonville Texas, he walked me through a few checks and nada. So out of his own pocket he UPS overnighted me a brand new "head" unit (speakers and box were fine), free of charge....got it that very next day, installed and plays like a champ.

These guys are tops. I have spoken with Trevor a few times since, he emailed me a shipping label to send the other unit back free of charge and packed all sorts of "goodies" in the box he sent me to the Nationals.

Nowadays it is difficult at best to find a company that stands behind their product, but let me rest you all assured. If you are looking for a company that can put you together an incredible sound for your Rex (and I'll be adding more components soon, me and Trevor are working up some custom ideas), do not look ANYWHERE else. Give SSV Works a call....trust me on this.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Glad to hear that. I just ordered the same unit for my teryx, it is going to be in Wednesday. I also dealt with Trevor over the phone and he was great to work with. Looking forward to installing my unit, I was afraid the sound would not be great, but your posting helps.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you will be very very happy with the sound Rocky. I'm an audio buff and while it certainly can use a deep deep punch from a sub (which they offer), the Highs and Mids are about as good as it gets...truly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts