Teryx HQ banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i have a 09, muzzy exhaust, dalton clutch,msd, and air box mods 26 terra cross,im lookin to standard or bigbore, ive heard so many conflicting stories in witch kit will produce the most power,ive heard that neither kit will respond like they do on the 08,i plan to use the dasa injectors and install the oil stop break or whatever its called, i know i can call FST,DASA,orFUNDY but i would like to here from some 09 owners, not that i dont like 08 guys or anything TNKS

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
No doubt the big bore will make a few more ponies but you have to decide if the extra $500 for the bore and plate is worth it.

No secret I am a std bore person.

We are waiting on Fundy to get their new stuff out, hope I don't retire before it happens so we are fixing to use a AMR kit in our 09

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea , been thinkin about that too.so will i be ok to just drop new piston and rings into my juggs i have 40 hrs on them,also will this be a gain i can feel or just see on a stopwatch,it just seems like the 09 fi doesnt respond like the 08 with either kit,PLEASE TELL ME IM WRONG!

·
Registered
107 Posts
yea , been thinkin about that too.so will i be ok to just drop new piston and rings into my juggs i have 40 hrs on them,also will this be a gain i can feel or just see on a stopwatch,it just seems like the 09 fi doesnt respond like the 08 with either kit,PLEASE TELL ME IM WRONG!
My 09 kicks azz. But have the supporting mods to make it rip. Get hold of Steve @Dasa he will point you in the right direction. If you can find somebody to tune it and is familiar with a MSD then you will be good to go.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My 09 kicks azz. But have the supporting mods to make it rip. Get hold of Steve @Dasa he will point you in the right direction. If you can find somebody to tune it and is familiar with a MSD then you will be good to go.

+1 for Steve @ Dasa. Good service from a good dude!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I have 09 have listened to everyone that had anything to say about it, have mine torn down now and I am with Todd except I am going with the AMR 840 as for as 08 vs 09 from what I have gathered to really wake up the 09 I am going with the bigger throttle bodies and the larger injecters from Dasa. Steves testing at Dasa shows from 7-9 hp with the larger throttle bodies. Steve said with the 39mm throttle really wakes up 09 with engine kit. money....money....money....!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have 09 have listened to everyone that had anything to say about it, have mine torn down now and I am with Todd except I am going with the AMR 840 as for as 08 vs 09 from what I have gathered to really wake up the 09 I am going with the bigger throttle bodies and the larger injecters from Dasa. Steves testing at Dasa shows from 7-9 hp with the larger throttle bodies. Steve said with the 39mm throttle really wakes up 09 with engine kit. money....money....money....!
Dasa's TB's really woke up my car. :p

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Oh yeah, you can feel it, nearly a double increase in power

·
Registered
983 Posts
Thanks for the props guys. I have alot of time and money in testing these teryx engine kits. The 840 is WELL ... WELL .... worth the $500.00. TRURST ME i have driven and dynoed both kits with different mods and clutch setups. Our throttle bodies will wake up the standard bore and the 840. I have a pretty good feeling that our throttle bodies will wake up a stock car with pipes too. We will be testing that in a few weeks.

Thanks

DASA RACING WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WINNING MOTORS AND SERVICE

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
ok, so i have a 09, muzzy exhaust, dalton clutch,msd, and air box mods 26 terra cross,im lookin to standard or bigbore, ive heard so many conflicting stories in witch kit will produce the most power,ive heard that neither kit will respond like they do on the 08,i plan to use the dasa injectors and install the oil stop break or whatever its called, i know i can call FST,DASA,orFUNDY but i would like to here from some 09 owners, not that i dont like 08 guys or anything TNKS
The 840 will blow the doors off the std big time when "tuned right". The main thing to make sure of no matter what kit you go with or what size is to tune it correctly!!!!!!!!! I don't know what Muzzy you have but make sure you have bungs in both head pipes and the you check both front and rear cylinders. If you don't check both you will not know which one is lean and you will have the problem we have now with a 840 in GA. Taking a A/F reading at the rear of the pipe where the come together isn't going to work,and make sure you get everything from Steve/Dasa on here. I don't like the MSD but it will work ok,just not a good place to skimp when you are building a performace motor.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dang! that was easy,840 with dasa throttle bods, my only problem is that its almost impossible living in louisville KY to get help tuning,couldnt someone set me up with a safe map. I know how important proper a/f mixtures are and the performance u can loose, also do the dasa throttle bodies come with the larger injectors. thanks everyone

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
dang! that was easy,840 with dasa throttle bods, my only problem is that its almost impossible living in louisville KY to get help tuning,couldnt someone set me up with a safe map. I know how important proper a/f mixtures are and the performance u can loose, also do the dasa throttle bodies come with the larger injectors. thanks everyone
They are either 200.00 or 225.00 extra

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
It isn't that hard to tune if you get a a/f gauge and tune it on both cylinders.I think everyone is making a bigger deal out of tuning then it has to be. Spend the money and do it right and listen to what people tell you is the best stuff to buy,and why.

I know it's hard to know what to do because if you ask questions on here you are going to get all kinds of answers, and only one or two will be right.If you need help call me or Steve/DASA on here.

·
Registered
604 Posts
after installing my 840 and jetting my carbs and after 40 thousand different carb removals..i bought a air fuel guage to see what was going on.heres some advice...no one can tune your bike over the phone.even if you get the golden tune to use..i would buy a air fuel guage and see for sure..there is no such thing of a here is the tune you need and here you go..[your done]its not that easy.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sure jetting is easy ive raced shifter karts, and quads for many years,i have read plugs,the inside of my headpipe i even have real nice borescope with color lcd monitor and i can read pattern on top of my piston, i can weld bungs in my pipe no prob,i can even pull up my map on laptop,but what the hell does all that mean i thought it was the matrix or something.really, i know you guys are trying to help me but when i get my a/f guage can i call FST with a/f numbers and get help tweeking map,of course ill be purchsing my kit from them.i have done that,i have a honda rc51 1000r v twin with major mods ,i have had dan kyle step me through tweekin map. is this kind of support possible,i know its asking alot THANKS AGAIN

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
sure jetting is easy ive raced shifter karts, and quads for many years,i have read plugs,the inside of my headpipe i even have real nice borescope with color lcd monitor and i can read pattern on top of my piston, i can weld bungs in my pipe no prob,i can even pull up my map on laptop,but what the hell does all that mean i thought it was the matrix or something.really, i know you guys are trying to help me but when i get my a/f guage can i call FST with a/f numbers and get help tweeking map,of course ill be purchsing my kit from them.i have done that,i have a honda rc51 1000r v twin with major mods ,i have had dan kyle step me through tweekin map. is this kind of support possible,i know its asking alot THANKS AGAIN
You can call for any info you need,even if you don't buy from us.:good:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks fst,and everone,im down to my engine now, plan to get it apart today but it will be a couple of weeks before i call and ship juggs and cores to fst im gonna do vf john complete clutch mod while im in the money jar.also gonna shed some wieght on machine. i know you guy think im poking and over thinking this issue but its a huge pile of money for me to throw into this thing,everyone says its so easy to fuel tune these machines the problem is when its time to trim or fattin the thing up,changing those numbers scares the hell out of me.prob only a handful of guys that can actaully read and change maping properly.thanks again guys for all the info,and thanks for supporting our sport so well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
quick question though. i have a standard bore 09 with fuel controller and exhuast from two bro. what can i do to get more out of this machine. i don't want to risk running hot becuase i do alot of trail riding a slow speeds.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts