Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
From nov. 4th to the 25th Four Stroke Tech is having a sale on Std. bore high performance kits. The kit comes with Std. bore sized TRUE 11.5:1 pistons (not a shelf piston) rings pin and clips, stage 2 cams and valve springs for $699 exchange on the cams. The reason I say a TRUE 11.5:1 pistons is because some companys say they have 11.5's but they are only about 10.3:1. This makes a big difference in torque and the size of cam you can run. This kit is the same as seen in Side X Side mag. this month. To order you can PM me or call between 4-7 east-coast times at 814-842-6159.

·
Registered
266 Posts
From nov. 4th to the 25th Four Stroke Tech is having a sale on Std. bore high performance kits. The kit comes with Std. bore sized TRUE 11.5:1 pistons (not a shelf piston) rings pin and clips, stage 2 cams and valve springs for $699 exchange on the cams. The reason I say a TRUE 11.5:1 pistons is because some companys say they have 11.5's but they are only about 10.3:1. This makes a big difference in torque and the size of cam you can run. This kit is the same as seen in Side X Side mag. this month. To order you can PM me or call between 4-7 east-coast times at 814-842-6159.
How much difference in performance does this kit make? Have any HP numbers? Can it run with premium pump gas? Any decrease in reliability from stock? Do you need to add a larger radiator? Any idea what this usually cost to have installed?

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much difference in performance does this kit make? Have any HP numbers? Can it run with premium pump gas? Any decrease in reliability from stock? Do you need to add a larger radiator? Any idea what this usually cost to have installed?
Crowdog on here has one he can tell you how the power is out there. You should come close to 80% more HP with this kit and with a Muzzy pipe and CDI and the air box open up.

No you don't need any other mods and it runs on pump gas.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Wow, 80% more HP, that sounds pretty impressive. That should put the machine in the 70+ HP range. I'm guessing you would probably want to have the dalton clutch kit to help put some of that HP to the ground. I know it doesn't do much for the top end but it must make it JUMP off the line and have GREAT Low to mid range torque.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Actually you will gain some top end just by putting in the FST cams,..as the engine wont hit a wall so soon. The stock cams kind of sign off when the belt gets to the top of its travel and the engine starts to overrev,..but the camshafts allow it to keep making hp to a higher rpm.

Some just think that a higher rev limit will get them speed,..and it will to a degree,but cams like that with longer duration will help speed because the engine will keep pulling harder up at that rpm.
The clutch kit will get you there quicker,..the Dalton overdrive cover will allow the belt to travel higher and gain some speed,..and the FST kit and cams will do even more.

·
Registered
293 Posts
what do the new cams do to the low end?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Check on the way Mickey. Thank you for answering all my questions on the phone. Really looking forward to MORE POWER!! Got my gaskets and jets and pilot jets ordered as well. Can't wait!!

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Sweet Magellan, I am sure you are going to love it :good:

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Wow, 80% more HP, that sounds pretty impressive. That should put the machine in the 70+ HP range. I'm guessing you would probably want to have the dalton clutch kit to help put some of that HP to the ground. I know it doesn't do much for the top end but it must make it JUMP off the line and have GREAT Low to mid range torque.
At the rear wheels you will likely see HP ratings closer to the lower 50's.

At the crank, yes about 70 or so.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Hey Mickey,
How's the 840 kit compare with this kit, power and price wise. I am now a poor Canadian who's dollar has lost 20% so bang for the buck - what do you recommend?:confused:

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Mickey,
How's the 840 kit compare with this kit, power and price wise. I am now a poor Canadian who's dollar has lost 20% so bang for the buck - what do you recommend?:confused:
The std. is great power for the money. It is about $600 less then the 840 because of the price of re-doing the cylinders. Hp will be about 8rwhp less then the 840 and less torque but still it will come close to doubling the HP from stock with a Muzzy pipe and a CDI.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
The std. is great power for the money. It is about $600 less then the 840 because of the price of re-doing the cylinders. Hp will be about 8rwhp less then the 840 and less torque but still it will come close to doubling the HP from stock with a Muzzy pipe and a CDI.
Good enough for me. Thank you very much. Can't wait!!

:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
hi guys i live in australia i own a teryx my freinds own razors they are kicking my butt all over the place time to put them back in there box i need performance package that is reliable and good value for money i was going to buy the dragonfire pack is there other packages and are they good quility any help would be grate

·
Registered
45 Posts
This kit sounds great! You guys who buy it will have to post your results and if you can dyno numbers.
I will have to wait until next year to do anything more to my T-Rex. I just paid it off.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
This kit sounds great! You guys who buy it will have to post your results and if you can dyno numbers.
I will have to wait until next year to do anything more to my T-Rex. I just paid it off.
Look in the discussion topic for the 840 kit, I have my dyno chart shown in there, that will give you an idea :good:

·
Registered
164 Posts
I've been real happy with the stock bore kit from FST. I haven't done any head to head comparison with a stock Teryx, but seat of the pants tells me that I gained all over with this kit.

Unfortunately, I added a bunch of weight at the same time the engine work was being done (roll cage, doors, lights, seats, spare tire carrier, long travel) so a lot of the "gain" is lost to the extra pounds.

Custom Creations did the install & jetting.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts