Teryx HQ banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just broke the steering rack riding at Rockhouse (Hatfeild - McCoy, WV)
Any suggestions on a replacement. Have heard the Uni-Steer needs some fabrication to make it work right. Would like a good tough bolt in and go unit.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Anything BUT a Rackzilla...a good friend of mine has one and has broken it twice and had a hassle with the warranty both times..he would have been better off keeping the stock one...:mad:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just broke the steering rack riding at Rockhouse (Hatfeild - McCoy, WV)
Any suggestions on a replacement. Have heard the Uni-Steer needs some fabrication to make it work right. Would like a good tough bolt in and go unit.
Thanks
billet king one piece almost cant be broken i have friends with them and work great

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Anything BUT a Rackzilla...a good friend of mine has one and has broken it twice and had a hassle with the warranty both times..he would have been better off keeping the stock one...:mad:
We had to stop selling them due to bending the bracket, we made some additional brackets and welded to ours and have had no issues.

They really need to make a change

·
Registered
255 Posts
Ive had the Gear One with the heavy duty rods and ends for a little over a year now and have spent about $300 on tie rod ends and other wear items. I live in the mountains of PA and the mud seems to wreck havoc on some of the parts. The rack itself has been bullit proff, just think i wouldve been better off using my stock rods and ends the Gear one pieces are pricey!!!

·
Registered
983 Posts
From my personal experience i would not use hiems on anything that is used in the mud, slop or water. For me in THOSE situations a sealed ball joint would be a better pick. For the sand, deserts ect the hiems work just fine. Also most good hiems are self lubricated so no need to grease of oil them ....... once you do its the beginning of the end for them. My rack is just over one year old with no issues and i beat the PISS OUTTA IT.

http://WWW.DASRACING.COM

·
Registered
255 Posts
From my personal experience i would not use hiems on anything that is used in the mud, slop or water. For me in THOSE situations a sealed ball joint would be a better pick. For the sand, deserts ect the hiems work just fine. Also most good hiems are self lubricated so no need to grease of oil them ....... once you do its the beginning of the end for them. My rack is just over one year old with no issues and i beat the PISS OUTTA IT.

http://WWW.DASRACING.COM
I can believe that, seems like alot of aftermarket products produce out west dont perform well in eastern environments. Do u happen to have any stock rods and ends? I bent one of mine when i broke the stock rack and like a dummy sold my one good rod and ends since you cant buy just a rod from kawie.

·
Registered
983 Posts
I can believe that, seems like alot of aftermarket products produce out west dont perform well in eastern environments.
I would not say that ..... its just knowing what you are using and what it is capable of taking IMO. I know from my experiences that hiems wont hold up to mud, water ect.

Do u happen to have any stock rods and ends? I bent one of mine when i broke the stock rack and like a dummy sold my one good rod and ends since you cant buy just a rod from kawie.
I do .... $1,000,000 ..... j/k how about $75.00 shipped for the pair?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Gear One is what I run in mine and they definately the strongest. Even bigger and stronger than Billet King, but cost more also. We have some good deals on Gear One products if you are interested.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I would not say that ..... its just knowing what you are using and what it is capable of taking IMO. I know from my experiences that hiems wont hold up to mud, water ect.

I had hiems on my GNCC prepped V-Force on the a-arms with no issues although it wasnt raced much till I sold it. The teryx gets pounded! :D I have a set of west coast made seats that dont like the water back east either. I'll know next time to have marine grade quality vinyl with drains in them, Im sure there fine in the sand box but not back here!

I do .... $1,000,000 ..... j/k how about $75.00 shipped for the pair?

Ill take them! Shoot me a paypal address if u want.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts