Teryx HQ banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a way to lower the steering wheel. I plan on lowering the seat a few inches to keep my legs planted instead of dangling. (vertically challenged) The manual states that you can adjust the steering column but I don't know if that is for height or distance from dash. I know there are tilt steering wheels out there, but I'm looking for a cheaper fix.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I just installed power steering so I had to mess with the stock column. From what I can tell, the only adjustments are the angle up or down, not the distance in or out. I think you could possibly tilt it down some. There are 2 bolts one with captured (weld on) nut and one with a removable nut. They are both 14mm. If you remove your hood, then that vertical plastic divider, then you can reach up there and find the bolts.

If you loosen the one closest to the front of the Teryx, you can then move the wheel up or down to some extent. I think maybe enough to accomplish what you are asking, but not 100% sure. The forward most bolt is the one with the captured nut and you can get a ratchet and socket on it. You will need wrenches or a very low profile ratchet/socket to get to the rearward bolt and nut. I had to use two 14mm wrenches.

Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts