Teryx HQ banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Choosing a different steering wheel can be confusing. First, we don't know whether advertised wheels are showing the inside diameter or the outside diameter. Then, there's confusion on which adapter kit is the right one. Well, I finally figured out what would work best for my 09 Teryx which is used for hunting and general recreation. The stock wheel was 13 and 1/4" outside diameter, which I thought was too small and resulted in hard steering. I bought a Grant Formula GT 15" (that's the outside diameter) and installed it with Grant Adapter No. 3677. The gain of almost 2 inches made a big difference in steering. It's going to work well for me. Also, the larger Grant wheel does not put my left hand in harms way with branches, etc. According to Grant, all their wheels are advertised with OUTSIDE diameters. Figured someone might want to know this.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I heard that! The one I used is the Grant model 1770. It seems to be strong. The way I use the Teryx should not put a lot of stress on it. Time will tell.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts