·
Registered
82 Posts
More specific please!

·
Registered
177 Posts
wiring

First off ground out the deck on the frame. The is already a ground right in front of the battery just on the edge of the frame. First thing you want to do. You should also have a yellow or orange lead of the deck. This is your power constant. This is presets and clock etc. This should go the the battery + once you've wired up your negative. Second I used the cigarette lighter wires under the dash. Just remove the back panel on the back of the dash and use a test light to figure out which is a positive by grounding out your light to the frame and checking which is positive. This I used to get power to the deck. (red wire usually). THis also shuts the deck off when the key is shut off. If you have any other questions. Let me know. Also make sure you put in inline fuse holder on both the orange/yellow lead from the battery and the red wire. This is a must if you have a short. Fuse size should be the same as what on the deck already. 10amp probably.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First off ground out the deck on the frame. The is already a ground right in front of the battery just on the edge of the frame. First thing you want to do. You should also have a yellow or orange lead of the deck. This is your power constant. This is presets and clock etc. This should go the the battery + once you've wired up your negative. Second I used the cigarette lighter wires under the dash. Just remove the back panel on the back of the dash and use a test light to figure out which is a positive by grounding out your light to the frame and checking which is positive. This I used to get power to the deck. (red wire usually). THis also shuts the deck off when the key is shut off. If you have any other questions. Let me know. Also make sure you put in inline fuse holder on both the orange/yellow lead from the battery and the red wire. This is a must if you have a short. Fuse size should be the same as what on the deck already. 10amp probably.
ok I'll try this out; Thanks!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts