Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am curious to know if any of the aftermarket shock manufactures have tested and released stock shock replacements.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Replacement shocks

I've been waiting for Makin Trax to come out with theirs. Their video on you tube of a rzr going down the sand hwy at 55mph sold me and they looked like they worked good on a rhino at the Elsinore races. 9 or 10 inches of good quality travel that is valved and sprung right and costs 1/3 as much as long travel is better for me than 13 inches of travel if it isn't set up right. I'm sure if money was no object I'd get long travel, but I'm not rich. The cost difference to get that extra 3 inches seems like a high price to pay. $1400 vs $5000. I would like to see the difference, long travel vs replacement shocks done by someone who would know the difference or someone should set up a 1/2 mile course and do lap times for long travel vs several different replacement shocks, hardpack and sand, whoops ,jumps etc. That would tell me if it's worth the extra 3 grand.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steve at Makin Trax is the person making my shocks for me depending on what long travel kit we use. He (Steve) is a great guy! That Rzr you see running the whoops in the dunes is Chris's (ravencr) on this site, he absolutely loves the shocks.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Diesel has Steve mentioned anything that he might be working on a stock replacement for the Teryx? I am torn I would love to have long travel but it is not in the budget at this time.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He has not mentioned anything as of yet, however, I am sure I will be speaking with him and that will be something I ask. Then again, he could have something that I am not aware of seeing as I have never inquired about them.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Any updates on this shock subject? I am considering going with shocks, I trail ride so no long travel for me.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
So is anybody actually riding with stock suspension any after market shocks that work good?

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I cannot speak for anyone else, however, I will be running a long travel so I never just changed out my shocks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
W.E. has had what for months?
Uh, they have had stock replacement shocks for some time. They also are the shock of choice for the CST long travel kit.

The stock replacements work well and are more adjustable then stock.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been thinking about picking up a set of Walker Evans for some time now. These bad boys make the stock ones look like junk. I had a chance to hold one and it gave me a bonner!

They're 1700+ bucks and i'd like to get a set, but haven't spoken to (or read about) anyone who is alrady running them.

anyone???

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LOL well I have not run the Walker Evans (running custom Kings) however, can I suggest you get in touch with Steve from Makin Trax, he can likely build you a set that will work out awesome!

AFCO UTV YAMAHA RHINO POLARIS RZR SHOCKS

I am not a shock guru, however, I once heard that the Walker Evans heat up and fade really quickly under extreme use. Please understand that this is not a fact and just something I heard.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Hopefully Makin Trax posts his results soon.

Elkas always make some of the best shocks. They are also priced that way and I don't think they are ready for the teryx yet.
ELKA SUSPENSION

·
Registered
61 Posts
Fox will have some stock replacements any day now. I saw them shooting photo's in their parking lot with on.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts