Teryx HQ banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a TERYX gauge panel today at RIGID INDUSTRIES, Its a true plug and play and very easy to install less than 45 minutes! Just lift the nose up the roll cage (stock) and hold up with a tie down strap. You take out the light panel and swap in the the new panel and plug it in. Just make sure to squeeze the metal clips together or they will fall off and you will be looking all over for them. The price is 225.00 plus tax and RIGID has more of them in stock.I was going to use a Vapor but this is way to simple to install , just put in the screws and plug it in. The guys there are very helpfull.......any questions just let me know

Attachments

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Looking good, thanks so much for the write-up and pictures! I was torn between waiting for the Kawasaki LCD gauges to become available or to go with the Trail Tech. Either way I am thinking you could not have gone wrong, gotta love plug-n-play though!

·
Registered
722 Posts
No drilling would have been nice. Do they have a water temp? The tach on my trial tech is cool but was really needed. I had just heard it was going to be a lot longer until they had stock dashes in stock. Oh well what it is is what it is. Got my trail tech and can't complain it seems nice.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would have bought the trail tech this week if I hadn't found the stock gauge, I think the vapor is a great alternative..........

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would have bought the trail tech this week if I hadn't found the stock gauge, I think the vapor is a great alternative..........
I saw a couple of members having trouble holding up the hood on the Teryx. Here are some pictures that I took of the hood up when I installed the gauge panel on my teryx, just use a tie down strap over the roll bar and hook it to the nose .........

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
dash install

Just wanted to beat this old horse a little more. I installed my stock Teryx LE dash this evening and it really is incredibly easy. I will admit that I had to come to this site half way because I couldn't find the plug for the new dash. I didn't know Kawasaki puts it in that nifty little bag which is a great idea.
:cool:

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Congrats, so how is that machine coming along for you?

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
I was wondering if all of the functions of the aftermarket dash worked once installed (speedometer, gas gauge, etc.).
Are you referring to the '08 factory dash installed into a standard '08 Teryx? Everything works, however, it does not have a fuel gauge though. The '09 comes standard with the gauges, and it does include a fuel gauge.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Gas Gauge?

Anyone look into trying to make the new `09 dash with fuel gauge fit into the `08? Or know if it can be done somewhat easily and not too $$$?

·
Registered
516 Posts
... and I guess to make sense, I should have mentioned the part of making the fuel gauge part of it functional. I am sure many of you out there figured out what I was going for but I should have said it.:confused:

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
I would assume it could be done, however, one key thing is missing and that is the fuel sending unit. I thought I read somewhere that the sending unit from the '09 would not work with the tank in the '08.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts