Teryx HQ banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was pulled over by a forest service ranger this past weekend for driving my Teryx on a FS road and it wasn't street legal. They told me what needs to be done to the Teryx to make it street legal for AZ. They also said that the info is on the forest service website, but I couldn't find it anywhere.
- 2 rearview mirrors (one on drivers side)
- horn
- lighted license plate holder
- registered w/ ADOT like a motorcycle along w/ corresponding license plate
- insured
I sent an email to both the forest service and ADOT asking what needs to be done to the Teryx to be street legal. The ADOT website says it can take 10 days for them to respond to an email, but when (if) I get a response, I will post it here.

·
Registered
722 Posts
You said basically what it needs. You have to go to dmv and get it registered as a motorcycle. All of the above applies. I have never had to actually take one to dmv just sign a paper saying all of this was done. The state is starting to crack down more and more on this on forest roads. Some roads you don't need to be street legal.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Everything you mentioned is what is required. Geico has some pretty good rates for the UTV's (expect approx $28 a month)

One thing that I was not told was needed was a side view on the drivers side.

Forest Service roads are usually a crap shoot as to whether or not you actually have to be street legal...it is usually up to the officer.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What the rangers told me about the Forest Service roads was that if the numbering of the road is horozontal then the vehicles must be street legal. If the numbering is vertical, vehicles traveling on the road do not need to be street legal. It may be the other way around, but I'm pretty sure I got it right.

·
Registered
258 Posts
The law is a rearview mirror (never heard of drivers side), officer needs to freshen up on his "street legal" definition. Also the horn must be an electric horn...not the clown type air bulb!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts