Teryx HQ banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to leave my '08 Teryx about 10 miles up a road in Idaho mts. and ski out as I couldn't get the thing back in neutral to start it after it stalled today. facts: I probably worked her a bit hard as I use tracks and it was deep powder today as I went up to ski. That's why she stalled when I stopped to back it into a spot to ski from, I think. Then, went to take out of L to Neutral and it won't go. Like I have to rock her, but of course I can't with tracks and in deep snow...Any ideas? It doesn't start when I try pushing on brake... I'm skiing up tomorrow to try and rock her with the winch off a tree. I didn't have enough rope to do it today.
~Pete

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Free again!

Ok, learned something. My Teryx doesn't normally get stuck in a gear like it did. I figure it rocked back a bit when I stopped it and it stalled. Kind of like some SxS or ATV's you have to rock to get out of park if on an incline. I ran her pretty hard - about 10 miles up a logging-type road in about 18" of new snow-(I have 4S Tatou's on her) -solution: I skied back up with additional rope as the nearest tree was a couple hundred yards away. Brought a hand winch just in case the one on the machine didn't work...I dug around the front of each track so it could drop a bit if pulled successfully. I then ran winch and she budged a bit, and bingo I could pop her back into neutral to start her. Fired right up. Hiked and skied a couple runs (as long as I was up there) and drove her down on a white-out storm...

·
Registered
164 Posts
It will start when its in gear, just put your foot on the brake.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I replied to Magellan on my other thread, but to be thorough, figured I'd answer here too. I did try to start it with brake pedal depressed as I was sure that would work (hey, works on my riding mower!). I pushed, then pushed harder, until I was sure I was going to break something or go through the floor board. Could a wire be disconnected or does anybody know if the '08 just didn't have that function? I just make sure I bring enough rope these days;) as the winching worked easily. Thanks for your responses though...

"Most of the lessons I've learned, I've learned the hard way"

~Pete

1 - 6 of 6 Posts