Teryx HQ banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have my unit all torn apart ready to install way too many lights on it and whips. I am trying to decide how to and where to put relays and switches. Also if under hood how to get to it if their is a problem. With my cage it will not be easy. So here are my ideas, thought about putting fuses and and relays just to the right of steering wheel facing down. Run power from battery to the connection points via following the original routing thru firewall. Next cut a piece of the lower dash nicely and either re-use or find some more plastic larger to allow to be taken off to get to the fuses etc.. with out taking the hood off. It could be attatched with velcro nicely. I also thought about putting switches right below seat latch I could reach it. Or too bad someone does not make a gauge and switch cluster that houngs out alittle bit with fuses and relays just built in?? Any one have pics or ideas, I will be completing this by the weekend. 2nd battery is a whole other issue. I might go oddesy battery or try optima and just charge when I am in camp?? OK DP

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Ya I do not know, I just wanted you to post it here ;)

LOL actually I have my relays mounted under the hood on the firewall, you could access them to replace if necessary without removing the cage.

As far as switches, well that is more of a personal preference for what is comfortable for you, it really does not matter...I will shoot some pictures when I pick the machine up Monday or Tuesday.

The batteries we are still looking into, however, I may be working with someone here in the next week or so on a bolt on alternator kit!!

I will be back in touch with you on pictures of the switches, relays, and fuse block!

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
LOL what? Birds where?

·
Registered
193 Posts
I haven’t done it, but I’ve given some thoughts of building some type of console between the dash and the front of the motor cover over the top of the tunnel. There is a lot of unused space there. I need more storage, that is not subject to the weather. Glove compartment is jammed with stuff. That ‘console’ for lack of a better name, could incorporate all of that and more, and be very accessible.

Has anyone done this type mod?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I haven’t done it, but I’ve given some thoughts of building some type of console between the dash and the front of the motor cover over the top of the tunnel. There is a lot of unused space there. I need more storage, that is not subject to the weather. Glove compartment is jammed with stuff. That ‘console’ for lack of a better name, could incorporate all of that and more, and be very accessible.

Has anyone done this type mod?
Something like this?

Teryx Center Console

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I like that. 4 months ago I might have bought that....being retired and what's happen the last 30 days with the stock market, retirement funds have been devastated. To the point I may have to go back to work. But I do like that.
the stocks thing is just a tough nut to swallow, I am very concerned for the next 2 years how the world is going to reshape. It was so good for 10 years, we were lucky.

On that type of center console it is ok to honda civicish, would rather have a floor to dash unit with a spare battery in it 2nd battery I mean and all the extra switching and relays plus ipod crap etc... may have to make on huh??

·
Registered
193 Posts
... may have to make on huh??
My Teryx isn't a pretty street machine....it's in the elements all the time doing ranch type work. I do play but most of the time, it purposefully doing something. So...$150+ for basically a plastic box tends to go against the grain, and yes, I start frabicating way before that price.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok guys I will post pictures on how I have done the install not qute done yet but will be tommorow with the bulk of running wire.It looks good to me, we will see what you think. Got some good fuse blocks and connectors. .....

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Looking forward to seeing what you came up with!

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
I hear ya my friend, trying to get it ready for next week I take it? It will be great meeting you for sure!

What bumper did you end up going with?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I hear ya my friend, trying to get it ready for next week I take it? It will be great meeting you for sure!

What bumper did you end up going with?
I have been all about finding deals right now....I got a bumper from HRT it was a 1st or 2nd generation bumper, just not quite what they are producing but looks fine to me. Just trying to get it safe and looking a little better than stock and then we will see what the season brings...Yeah looking forward to this weekend....
:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts