Teryx HQ banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought Id introduce myself to the club by saying hello.Ive been riding dirt bikes for the past 20 years, quads for 5 years,and now a utv 09 teryx.First I have to say I really enjoy this teryx for all its power if nothing else.But as usual all machines have some kind of fault problems.Thats why Im joing this forum to keep up with all the improvments for the teryx.My problem is that after the first 3 hundred miles I started smelling rubber burning.And it wasnt my tires.So Im assuming it must be the belt.Especally when the smoke comes up between the seats and bed.Now theres 900 miles on it.ITs not real bad but I can always smell it even after short runs.Just wondering if this is nomal for the teryx.Anyway Im searching for clues in this forum. Thanks for any help I can get and have a good one.Tablas

·
Registered
101 Posts
Welcome to paradise!(Search belt deflection) I am shure you are going to need a new belt with all the smoke described, but they are usually to loose from the factory after you get a few miles on them. There is lots of info telling you how to adjust the belt. You need a clutch puller and if you dont have one yet there are lots of places to get one, but I recomend hunterworks on this forum. He seems to be an upstanding guy and he has quality products, (got my puller from him).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts