Teryx HQ banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep hearing members talking about using there Teryx as daily drivers. I was wondering about emission standards or if you can only license them in only states without emission tests. I guess the only basic things you would need to do is put some turn signals on them to put them on the street. Of course street tires wouldn't hurt either.

Somehow I will bet it aint California.............:p

So is anyone driving on the street now? :rolleyes:

Legally of course!:eek::eek:

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
I legally drive on the streets here in Arizona. A street legal kit consist of lighted license plate bracket, review mirror, and horn. Obviously it must be registered, have a plate, and carry minimum state coverage insurance. Ours is insured under the same policy as our autos, carrys the same liabilities, same deductables, and even includes glass coverage...lol I need to get some glass on it. Anyhow, it is not expensize, I think be pay $25 a month.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I drive mine on the street all the time. Get the kids from school next to the Escalades and bmw's. I love Az.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've "heard" that people have been able to register/license their SxS's for the street in Kalefornea but it's next to impossible. The ONE person I'm thinking of I think owns a farm and has it registered as a SMV (Slow Moving Vehicle)?.?.?. Here in AZ, it's cake. Just like DP said, we don't have to add many things at all. When I bought mine they offered to register it as a street legal vehicle. It saved me from going to the DMV or MVD (whatever it's called) for the inspection. Now I just need to actually put the horn & mirror on before I get pulled over. :cool: I have the license plate & light but that's it!
As for commuting with it every day, it's starting to get too hot for that here (for me) but I'd have to try it once to check the MPG (commuting) first to see if it's worth it.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Hey Effinbees77, no inspection necessary. I actually just went to one of those title places, paid for it, and received my new plates. Piece of cake, granted it has a $10 convenience charge, but hey I think it is worth it!

P.S. you get those decals on there yet ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
the county that i live does not have emmision testing. one thing that really helps with a street machine is getting 14inch rims and putting either bfg's or kumho offroad tires. thoes are two that i have found where the tread dtill looks good. if i keep my stock tires on i might get 60 hours of street use out of them before there shot.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So what kind of mileage do you guys get and what kind of top speed with the larger tires?:)

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Unfortunately at this time I cannot answer the mileage question as I have not hooked up the speedo cable to the Trail Tech Vapor computer. I am waiting to see first if the cable is long enough for the long travel and if it is not, then I will have to have a custom one made.

·
Registered
722 Posts
From what I hear and I don't know for sure because mine has been getting some tricks added but people are getting about 70-75 miles to the tank.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts