Teryx HQ banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting oil pushing up through my crank case vent hose at high RPM, Im already using syphon break bottle, It did it when it was stock and with 840 kit:confused:

·
Registered
604 Posts
i think that all kawasaki v twins do this at high rpms and even more with an engine upgrade////do you have a catchcan that will catch it and then let it drain back into the motor..if so..thats all you can do.

·
Registered
604 Posts
how is your kit any different?it will blow oil....into a canister...and then it needs a good place to drain back into the engine..like the rear head.or maybe todds inspection hole fitting.there is no fix for the blow by as far as i seen.you just have to put a crutch on it to eliminate the problem you will have if you dont fix it.

·
Registered
430 Posts
A Better Place to Vent.

We are working on a fitting that will vent the crank case in a area that doesn't sling oil with a 1/2 to 3/4 inch hole and we think it should work well for this problem. I am waiting on some pieces from the machine shop to go test. We will hopefully have info in a week or so.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We are working on a fitting that will vent the crank case in a area that doesn't sling oil with a 1/2 to 3/4 inch hole and we think it should work well for this problem. I am waiting on some pieces from the machine shop to go test. We will hopefully have info in a week or so.
looks like I have found a fix after working this thing, for dozens of hrs , I drilled a 1/2" hole into the rear valve cover installed a fitting and hose and ran that back to my current vent hose at a low point and installed a T, then ran one hose up to the syphon break bottle, this seems to stop the oil from going up and out the breather and the bottle no longer fills with oil, it now runs back down the original vent with now has a vacuum:)

·
Registered
113 Posts
looks like I have found a fix after working this thing, for dozens of hrs , I drilled a 1/2" hole into the rear valve cover installed a fitting and hose and ran that back to my current vent hose at a low point and installed a T, then ran one hose up to the syphon break bottle, this seems to stop the oil from going up and out the breather and the bottle no longer fills with oil, it now runs back down the original vent with now has a vacuum:)
Will you please post up some pictures.

·
Registered
604 Posts
well i was kinda weary about drilling my rear cylinder and installing the fitting for the puketank...but after i done it..its nothing to worry about and a very simple fix to a on going problem that we all have.but i would like to see a 100% fix for the people who hasnt gotten into their motors and dont want to take the engine apart to do it.my local dealer told me that a rep from kawasaki told them to run the oil level about halfway on the crosshatches and that would prevent it....but i sure hope someone has a bulletproof fix on the ones who hasnt tapped drilled and glued and so on to help the problem.have you had any problems out of your kit todd?on a stock engine ride?i kinda like the billet tank that mounts on the rear of the airbox on the rollcage and then lets the oil drain back into the engine but i cant remember who made it..]todd if someone removes the inspection plug that you use to put the special fitting in...will oil blow out of it if you start it and rev it up?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
teryx blowby

Will you please post up some pictures.
It will be the weekend before I can get pics. I will have to take the plastic, back off, it works very good and its very easy to do if you have the anti syphon kit already, a piece of hose about 10" long a plastic T I bought at home depot and a 90 to install into the valve cover

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey, Todd do you guys sell a billett dip stick, the stock plastic one sucks, I have a hellava time threading it back in and have since new...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts