Teryx HQ banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time posting:

I have a 2008 Teryx that I use for hunting, I'm not interested in speed, I use it just not to walk because I as many have a bad back. Hunting is my hobby not 4 wheeling. The problem is the cab noise, you all know walk I'm talking about. Why is the cabin noise so bad. Its not that way in a car that has much more HP and many motorcycles are whisper quiet so, Where does all that noise come from and has anyone one found a good way to reduce the noise.

Thank for your help
Qwikshot

·
Registered
144 Posts
I believe it has alot to do with the airbox location. I have been wanting to try insulating the plastic in that area to see if it helps.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I have a 2006 rhino makes way more noise than a teryx, its just the way s/s are made with the motor setting right beside you, and with the hood and dash and in some cases windshield to break the wind from blowing in your ears you just are able to hear alot more of the engine noise than like on a 4 wheeler

·
Registered
301 Posts
You're hearing intake noise from the carb's... They're very loud and a annoying loud to boot... Also if you have a windshield this makes it worse... a roof even worse... The only thing that can be done really is add some sound absorbent material on the front side of the bed and under the plastic cover.. I also put some on top of the air box lid itself and cut holes out for where I had air flow coming through. This helped out a lot in my case but I don't have my windshield on right now which is the true test because it was REALLY loud with the windshield.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts