Teryx HQ banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any pictures of a Teryx with doors on it? Specifically 1/4 to 1/2 doors, not full.

Thanks!

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I assume you are referring to the Hardcore Racing 1/4 doors?

Those are not bad, but what I am thinking will actually be part of the cage :)

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Factory UTV will be introducing Teryx Doors sometime in the next month. They will tie into the cage and will probably by 1/2 doors. Still very much in the design stage right now though. Our Teryx is headed for the Oregon Dunes this week so we'll get our hands on in it again in about 10 days. Check out or RZR doors, you can expect the same quality and innovation for the Teryx...

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I need to talk to you about these!

Left you a message on your voicemail...shoot me a call when you get the chance.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I spoke to them they were just getting into looking at things...no real information above and beyond that.

I will be sure to let you know as soon as I receive any additional information.

·
Registered
119 Posts
When I spoke to them they were just getting into looking at things...no real information above and beyond that.

I will be sure to let you know as soon as I receive any additional information.
My Teryx is at Factory UTV as of Sunday, the guys there will be using it to finalize the Skids, Doors and a few other things as well over the next couple of weeks. i am sure either Bob or I will Post up pics as they progress, or he is going to keep me on pins and needles as i sit and wait to see how it turns out.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Can't wait to see the doors they look sharp on the rzr. I am looking for a 1/2 door that opens keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
We are a little torn right now between making a fixed door or an opening one. For the RZR you sit down inside of ti much more than the Teryx so the opening door is a must have. With the Teryx it's super easy to step over a door and there's actually a small step built into the plastic. What do you all think? Permanent door would be quite a bit less expensive and there are a couple of perfect mounting locations built in. Very much open to suggestions...

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am voting for fixed, but that is just me :)

A lot depends on how high the door actually is.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I would like to see opening doors, perhaps about a 3/4 door? My thinking is yes, a fixed door will be easy to make, cheaper, etc, but I think there is an untapped market out there of people who would prefer having doors that they could open and close so that they can get in and out easier. Not everyone who has a UTV has the ability to hop up or in over a fixed door, or for that matter, they may not WANT to do that each time they go for a spin.

I expect you will see a lot of other fab shops doing fixed doors, but opening doors less so, and if they are a really great product, you could scoop the market!

Being fairly easy to remove would be a nice option too.

Sending me a free set to test out would rock too :) :) :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
I was thinking Fixed myself Bob, but it sounds like there is a market for both I just think if you do it fixed it needs to be somewhat easily removable.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I realize everyone will use a utv differently, but for me, they would make it hard to get in/out. Why do you guys want doors? Is it a racing thing? I suspect they hold in heat, dust, etc as well.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I realize everyone will use a utv differently, but for me, they would make it hard to get in/out. Why do you guys want doors? Is it a racing thing? I suspect they hold in heat, dust, etc as well.
For me it is an additional safety thing, it would make the wife feel safer if I do the "watch this" moment when she is with me.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I also would like to see doors that open...:)

15 Posts
The only thing about "opening doors" is, if you ever roll, the cage will flex and the doors will open. I have seen it happen a couple of times. Thats why I decided to have them welded on. I have also already put my Teryx on its side. It made me feel safe when my legs didn't go flying out too! Just my .02!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Up here in canada you need doors in the winter.To me having a door that opens would be great and made to handle more tha a few branches lol 3/4 is a good all around size with the option to add a plastic window even a zipper window.In the summer though 1/4 would be ok.......

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'd like fixed 3/4 doors that mount to the cage bolts. Alot of the opening doors I've seen at the shows, seem to be just just for looks. They don't seem very sturdy at all. I'm sure they'd be better than no door in a tip over, but in a full high speed roll I bet 90% of them would fly open. I have full doors and they are a pain to climb over, but if I ever roll I'll be safe. I've been waiting for someone to come out with some nice 2/3 or 3/4 doors, then I'll cut out my full doors, because I'm tired of climbing over them.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts