Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know who makes an external fuel screw for our Kawasaki Teryx. If not come on Muzzy or Hunterworks. It would really be cool to have something like what R&D makes for the Honda 450 motors. It screws onto the side of the float bowl making the adjustments easy without burning your hands. :good:

·
Registered
668 Posts
Ditto, those 90 screwdrivers are great...sure saves a lot of time!! My K&D Tools, is about thirty years old and has been used millions of times.

Here is one on evil bay, somewhat similar, looks like it would work.

eBay Motors: CARBURETOR CARB PILOT JET SCREW ADJUSTING TOOL T37 (item 220333304531 end time Dec-28-08 11:19:12 PST)

There is also a remote adjuster that attaches to the jet screws and is permanent, I guess so you can adjust anytime. Here's one of them on evil bay also.

eBay Motors: R&D FLEX JET REMOTE FUEL SCREW FLEXJET (item 110321921218 end time Jan-03-09 13:01:17 PST)

Personally, don't think I would like those.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I take that back about the one on ebay, it does not look like the screwdriver on that one would reach into the recessed cavity for the screw, but I could be wrong, just don't want someone to buy one and it not work! I'll get a picture of mine and post it later.
I know mine doesn't have that fat of holding head. If anybody come across one I would not hesitate to buy it, beats the heck out of removing the carbs to set the screw.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm not finding that screw on my 09'.... Can somebody help me? Maybe its under these muffler bearings... I'll check

·
Registered
171 Posts
So, while we are all getting a good chuckle at your expense... the truth is you won't have those screws because the 2009 model is fuel injected, while the screws they are referring to is on the 2008 Carburetor version!

Don't feel bad, I (and others) ask stupid questions all the time! That's what these forums are for, answers to stupid questions!

Anyway, welcome.

Also, where can the 90 degree ratcheting screwdriver be purchased at other than ebay, I assume I can go to Sears or something like that. (my stupid question)?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Good question i have one i idk where to get it. it one of those tools that just appered in my tool box over the years

·
Registered
668 Posts
So, while we are all getting a good chuckle at your expense... the truth is you won't have those screws because the 2009 model is fuel injected, while the screws they are referring to is on the 2008 Carburetor version!

Don't feel bad, I (and others) ask stupid questions all the time! That's what these forums are for, answers to stupid questions!

Anyway, welcome.

Also, where can the 90 degree ratcheting screwdriver be purchased at other than ebay, I assume I can go to Sears or something like that. (my stupid question)?
NAPA has them, but they have to order them.

Oh and by the way, BigSib was laughing at us 2008 owners...sarcasm...
I'm not finding that screw on my 09'.... Can somebody help me? Maybe its under these muffler bearings... I'll check
Unless you really think you have muffler bearings...then I guess he was serious...:D...NOT!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I went to my local dealer and found a flexible screwdriver made by motion pro. It worked great. I'm good to go and loading up to go to the beach!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I would love to find out a good place to get a ratcheting 90 degree screwdriver like I think Todd is talking about.

Those Flex Jets will not work on our carbs they are for the FCR series not the CVKR from the research I did, although I am not 100% sure, it would be very nice to have remote knobs.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Some sort of remote knob where you don't have to take a bunch of **** apart to get to the carbs would be great. I live in Phoenix (1100 feet), but during the summer months you can be at 5000 feet in about an hours drive and 7000 feet in about 2.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Some sort of remote knob where you don't have to take a bunch of **** apart to get to the carbs would be great. I live in Phoenix (1100 feet), but during the summer months you can be at 5000 feet in about an hours drive and 7000 feet in about 2.
This looks like a job For tpi valves!!!!!!!!:laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Ditto, those 90 screwdrivers are great...sure saves a lot of time!! My K&D Tools, is about thirty years old and has been used millions of times.

Here is one on evil bay, somewhat similar, looks like it would work.

eBay Motors: CARBURETOR CARB PILOT JET SCREW ADJUSTING TOOL T37 (item 220333304531 end time Dec-28-08 11:19:12 PST)
I bought this tool you pointed out above and it looks like it will work great. I will let you know for sure later today. :) Finally got my Pilot Jets as well.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts