Teryx HQ banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I just bought a new 09 teryx lime green with 14" itp black wheels on itp baja tires, and i'm looking to increase the top speed it runs 51-53 now its all stock so tell me the best and safest way to hit close to 63-65 without motor work.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Here is what we have found on our 2009 and 2010 testing. We setup cones and did some timed runs and checked top speeds. We did three runs for each test then took the average. All speeds are speedo speeds. Here is what we found today.

STOCK 2010 Teryx
51 MPH top speed ......... 7200 RPM
200ft time - 37 MPH @ 6.10 sec
400ft times - 45 MPH @ 9.62 sec
700ft times - 49 MPH @ 14.39 sec

added MSD on advance map 3 and fuel map 4
58 MPH top speed ....... 8300 RPM
200ft time - 38 MPH @ 6.02 sec
400ft times - 46 MPH @ 9.51 sec
700ft times - 51 MPH @ 14.20 sec

added DASARACING over drive clutch cover
60 MPH ........ 7400 RPM ....... all 200,400 and 700 ft times were the same as above.

ADDED .... Dasaracing pipes and Dasa fuel curve .... UPDATED
65 MPH top speed .......
200ft time - 5.43
400ft times - 48 MPH @ 8.67 se.
700ft times - 55 MPH @ 12.74 sec.

Here is the big issue ....... YES ... the over drive cover only gained 2mph on top end ...... BUT ... it dropped the max RPM by 1000 and still went faster. Without the overdrive cover the stock car is REVING OUT BIG TIME at 58MPH and at 8300 RPM. With the over drive cover installed it is crusing at 60 and not reving out hard at 7400 RPM. You wont want to drive your teryx around at 58MPH spinning 8300 RPM for very long. By adding the over drive cover you will gain 2 MPH and drop the RPM's down to 7400. Once we add pipes, intake and throttle bodies this car will rev out higher then the 7400 and gain some more top speed. Our 840's with the same setups are hitting 70+ MPH. More testing to come very soon. ......... all other clutch parts were STOCK

DASA RACING WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WINNING MOTORS AND SERVICE

·
Registered
188 Posts
You'll want to get rid of those 14" wheels ASAP.

If you decide to take my advise - let me know because I know someone looking for them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pricing..

Hey thanks for all the info on how to get more speed on my teryx.. And no i'm not interested in selling my wheels or tires i love the way they look on it,, i'm prob going to start out just adding a dynatech ignition, and a muzzy slip on and i would like to do a dalton clutch kit first but i'll wait till i get more familiar with the machine and how it all tears down and all,, i'm pretty good at motor work and transmission work but would rather wait till warranty ran out,, but is a dalton a good brand or should i go with epi or dragon fire and is there any downfall to adding a clutch kit?? please let me know if you have any info.. thanks and if anyone lives close to savannah Tn hit me up and give me your cell and we'll go ride..

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Hey thanks for all the info on how to get more speed on my teryx.. And no i'm not interested in selling my wheels or tires i love the way they look on it,, i'm prob going to start out just adding a dynatech ignition, and a muzzy slip on and i would like to do a dalton clutch kit first but i'll wait till i get more familiar with the machine and how it all tears down and all,, i'm pretty good at motor work and transmission work but would rather wait till warranty ran out,, but is a dalton a good brand or should i go with epi or dragon fire and is there any downfall to adding a clutch kit?? please let me know if you have any info.. thanks and if anyone lives close to savannah Tn hit me up and give me your cell and we'll go ride..
In my opinion and several others who have played with all of them think the Dalton is great and it is adjustable where as the other two mentioned are not and BTW they are the same thing.

·
383 Posts

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I think I missed part of this.

A slip on exhaust does nothing for performance, it is for sight and sound only

If your talking about the Dynatek CDI it is for the 08 models only. There new module for EFI is just an ignition unless you buy the serial programmer then you got $500 plus in it and then you will need a air/fuel ratio gauge to get that dialed in.

Best money is spent on a MSD that has been preprogrammed for your mods. A MSD is a ignition and fuel controller in one.

Of course the MSD from us is pre-programmed

Todd

·
Registered
526 Posts
If you have a 09 model it is best to go with the MDS ignition

·
Registered
188 Posts
Definately do not waste your time or money on a slip on exhaust!

MSD for sure

Look into Unleashed UTV's machined clutch cap and spring. Gives you 95% of what the Dalton does for 1/4 the cost.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey I just bought a new 09 teryx lime green with 14" itp black wheels on itp baja tires, and i'm looking to increase the top speed it runs 51-53 now its all stock so tell me the best and safest way to hit close to 63-65 without motor work.
I have the Muzzy, Uni filter and MSD on my 09 sport, I top 60.273 with stock tires.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts