Teryx HQ banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad went to go on a ride Saturday, let his Teryx warm up and set on his way, it started smoking and then locked up tight, only 50hrs. Its like brand new, not beat, fluids all full and always taken care of. He's taking it to dealership tonight to see what happened, he's not happy, wants to get rid of it now. Its a 2010 with no mods at all.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Make sure he didn't smoke a belt instead of a engine...seen that LOTS of times...belt comes apart in the housing and locks up the engine...

Why sell it? It's brand new...get it fixed under warranty and get to riding again...no sense in doing anything else...actually foolish if you ask me...

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
My dad went to go on a ride Saturday, let his Teryx warm up and set on his way, it started smoking and then locked up tight, only 50hrs. Its like brand new, not beat, fluids all full and always taken care of. He's taking it to dealership tonight to see what happened, he's not happy, wants to get rid of it now. Its a 2010 with no mods at all.
What color is it, is it LE, sport or what? If he decides to sell bfore he fixes it let me know. Theres got to be a reason if its not low of fluid and if he has taken care of it like you said, Like SandJunkie said check belt and clutch, I have heard of a couple locking up like that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's not the belt, it was smoking very badly and and oil is present in the exhaust. It is a 2010 sport with the black plastics. Dealership has it now, they are going to diagnose the problem. Only reason he would sell it is because I have a RZR now and I think he's got the itch for one of them now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts