Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the winter i decided to overhaul my teryx i had a vforce transmission in it and dident really like not having a low gear so i started ripping it apart. I was first just going to change the transmission but then by the time i had it ripped apart i decided i was going to go with a big bore 880, rods, low compression pistons, and cams as well as brute bevel gears and the teryx transmission. I already have a turbo so i figured i would put in a fuel cell and pump to keep up with the extra demand. Just waiting for parts for my motor right now. Lucky i put the new tranny in the shift fork was almost broke off and the sycro was missing a tooth. More pics on the way.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where did you get the spare tire mount? I could use one just like it for 1 3/4".
i Built it, most the billet parts on the machine i made at work

·
Registered
282 Posts
i Built it, most the billet parts on the machine i made at work
very nice...let us know if you have an extra that you want to part with...:D

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are some pics of the broken tranny parts and some Teryx Vented Rocker Covers that i built for the valve covers as well as just the mess in my garage

Attachments

·
Registered
722 Posts
Wow very nice build. I really like your cage looks nice. Keep us updated on the progress.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sent my primary out to vforce john should be getting it back later on next week and i a hoping to start putting the motor back together next week 2

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got my new rods and put them in tonight just figured i would take a picture of the stock ones compared to the other ones. Just waiting on some low compression 880 pistons then motor will go back together. Also on a side not just ordered my power steering should be getting it tomorrow pretty excited.

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What was the weight difference?
i didn't way them actually, just wanted stronger, wasn't worrying about any weight gain.

Sorry

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just picked up power steering on friday and got my bottom end back together with new tranny, bevel gears, and rods. Also got my primary back from vforce john (looks great) and now just waiting on cylinders hoping to have the motor back in there teryx next weekens

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Code:
You get your engine together yet? Saw you are going to run rays 880 kit. I put te same setup in my brute a year ago. Good engine setup. You have the stk valves or the +4 valve race heads? We build alot of his stuff here and good reliability results. We even have his first 1000 kit running hard for 2full seasons untouched. Would like to hear your results with the turbo. I am waiting for his supercharger to be finished for my brute. Would be a goid comparison. Good luck on the build. Looks good!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Code:
You get your engine together yet? Saw you are going to run rays 880 kit. I put te same setup in my brute a year ago. Good engine setup. You have the stk valves or the +4 valve race heads? We build alot of his stuff here and good reliability results. We even have his first 1000 kit running hard for 2full seasons untouched. Would like to hear your results with the turbo. I am waiting for his supercharger to be finished for my brute. Would be a goid comparison. Good luck on the build. Looks good!
No i am still waiting on the engine kit from ray his is a good engine builder but hard to get stuff from him in my experience was supposed to have it over a month ago and every day is a diff story but its worth it if it works, well should be getting it this week supposably, so maybe buy the end of next week ill know how it goes

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
No i am still waiting on the engine kit from ray his is a good engine builder but hard to get stuff from him in my experience was supposed to have it over a month ago and every day is a diff story but its worth it if it works, well should be getting it this week supposably, so maybe buy the end of next week ill know how it goes
Are you waiting for Cams?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ray is a one man show. All his stuff takes alot of time but is all worth it in the end. He is hard at work on cams right now. I am still waiting for 2 sets of cams for my 880 brute and 730 kvf. Gotta love the waiting game. I waited 6 months for the 880, 4 months for the 730 and we waited a year and a half for the 1000. Hope you are patient!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ray is a one man show. All his stuff takes alot of time but is all worth it in the end. He is hard at work on cams right now. I am still waiting for 2 sets of cams for my 880 brute and 730 kvf. Gotta love the waiting game. I waited 6 months for the 880, 4 months for the 730 and we waited a year and a half for the 1000. Hope you are patient!
I dont mind waiting but at the same time i like to know the wait time, dont say i will have it if i wont, thats what bugs me but no big deal right now in a few weeks i am going to start to get a little pissed off cause its time to ride

·
Registered
22 Posts
I dont mind waiting but at the same time i like to know the wait time, dont say i will have it if i wont, thats what bugs me but no big deal right now in a few weeks i am going to start to get a little pissed off cause its time to ride
Get ready to start getting pissed off! We were supposed to have our superchargers by now but nothing. They are coming but suspect not until late this year. Might possibly park the big bike until it is available instead of racing for nothing.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well a little more about the project still waiting on motor parts but got the power steering and fuel cell and fuel system finished I ordered an 10"led light bar aand going to install it this weekend and build the fire extinguisher holder today the pic is of the holder i built

Thanks

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts