Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious to know if anyone is running an Odyssey battery in the stock Teryx battery location. If so, what model number did you go with and did it require any modifications to the factory location?

·
Registered
47 Posts
The PC925 works great, you just need to goto an autoparts store and get longer battery holddowns (threaded rod with the little hook at the end). I think it was around 10" that you need. Stock is too short.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok but the footprint is the same, excellent info, thanks Trevor!

·
Registered
47 Posts
footprints actually smaller on the new one. you cna unbolt the corner stays that hold in the factory battery, slider them closer to the new battery. drill a hole and bolt them through the floor just like they were.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Curious to know if anyone is running an Odyssey battery in the stock Teryx battery location. If so, what model number did you go with and did it require any modifications to the factory location?
Hey DP,
I have the Odessey 1200 in my rig and it works and fits excellent. I did have to get longer hold downs bolts to keep it in place. I also moved one of the corner brackets at the base of the battery . But a very simple install. The 1200 is a bit bigger and heavier than the 925but I wanted the extra juice because I am running my HID's direct and not through the ignition. My buddies are running the 925 in their rhino's because the smaller size fits in their battery box with no complaints.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great, thanks for the information all...this is something I need to get done indeed :good:

·
Registered
516 Posts
Just wondering how the batteries are doing if you run with 1 big one instead of the factory and putting on an isolator to run a separate larger battery? Thought it can be hard on the stator because a larger battery will always draw alot of current until fully charged. I am guessing that you guys are putting the new battery in place of the original. Are you running alot of lights or electrical load??? Thanks.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Just wondering how the batteries are doing if you run with 1 big one instead of the factory and putting on an isolator to run a separate larger battery? Thought it can be hard on the stator because a larger battery will always draw alot of current until fully charged. I am guessing that you guys are putting the new battery in place of the original. Are you running alot of lights or electrical load??? Thanks.
Yes, I have replaced the original battery with the odessey 1200. With this battery, there is no need to run two batteries. Yes, I am running with HID headlights and 4 4" Fuego HID lights on my rollcage, but no other accessories yet. But this gives me plenty of room to expand if I need to.

·
Registered
12 Posts
925 duel bats

I run two 925 batterys and 1314 isolator , the batterys fit back to back with a revised bracket on top using the original bolt down holes , I run all my accessories of the secondary bat( 4 Hel lights ,800 watt stereo, dome light glow light ). The primary bat always stays charged. and only charges the secondary bat when the primary is 13.2 volts.

·
Registered
22 Posts
odyssey battery

i was looking at running both batteries. it might be squeeze , but it might fit. it is a pc 925. and run an isolator. all acc. off the odyssey.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I run two 925 batterys and 1314 isolator , the batterys fit back to back with a revised bracket on top using the original bolt down holes , I run all my accessories of the secondary bat( 4 Hel lights ,800 watt stereo, dome light glow light ). The primary bat always stays charged. and only charges the secondary bat when the primary is 13.2 volts.
send me a pic to see how you did it

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you would not mind I would like to see this setup as well Grandpa, thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry guys I just got back from havasu and left the teryx until after Thankgiving. I'll take some pictures over the holiday and post them. On the install I made a box from sheet metal and lined it with a 1/8" rubber with holes in each corner for water drain with the square top bracket this really secured the bats in place . Yes its tight but a real clean job.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alright, well I guesw with no pics I cannot do anything...with that said, shoot me your address so I can drop the machine off with you ;)

Appreciate you letting us know, sounds like a nice install, when you do get the chance I would really like to see it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What's the best place to get the Odessey 1200 battery? I had been told that the HID's that I put on my would not draw any more amps (or less) than the factory lights. First cold morning that we have, trying to go hunting and the damn thing won't crank.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The initial draw of the HIDs will definately pull more than the factory lights, once the HIDs fire though, they draw a minimal amount.

I am still looking for a good place to pickup these batteries as well, therefore, when I find a place I will be sure to let you know.

·
Registered
266 Posts
My 4" Fuego HID's require something like 10 amps to light off. Once they are on, they only draw 2.9 amps. I also have the eagle HID factory bulb replacements. I have no problems running all the lights, however the 4 each 4" HID's are directly to the battery. Just make sure you run the vehicle in daylight without the lights on to recharge the system.
I live in San Diego so I just typed in Odessy batteries on yahoo and found a few locations, made a couple of calls and bamm I had a battery that day. The battery store I went to had a generic version which was much less and just about the same power/amp output .

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know this is a little late but I finally got to posting the pictures of the two battery system with a 1314 isolator. Sorry for the delay. If you go to lates pictures posted in the Gallery I was able to upload them there. Not sure how to add them to this a an attachment.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 30 Posts