Teryx HQ banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got by Side-by-Side set-up primarily for snow removal. From time to time after a long run with the blade down I get a small ploom of steam from the front end (radiator?). No warning lights or anything else appear though. No definitive smell either and the engine honestly sounds normal. Could that just be snow getting on warm parts and melting causing evaporation?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
I believe your correct to assume its just the snow falling onto a hot area near your engine when you hit the snow pile or when your reversing. I see that on occasion and I too get a little nervous. Hopefully I can set your mind at ease here, although I am not expert. I have had an overheat condition that led to coolant spewing out everywhere so I may be able to shed some light on what happens aside from the obvious lol. When my machine overheated it was due to the fan wire harness becoming dislodged although still connected. This prompted the check engine light to come on. I should back up and start with the setting so you will understand why I would let such an event escalate to spewing coolant. We were 9+ miles on a frozen lake (9 miles is a long way from shore if you've never been ice fishing) in CA with no cell service when we noticed the light and shorlty after the coolant spraying out, so we opted to attempt to limp off the ice slowly and stop frequently. This was all during a winter storm/blizzard. During one of our stops I realized that the fan wasn't kicking on (not sure why I didn't think of this first). So when the blizzard let up a little we snagged a battery from one of our fish finders and opted to do a little check on the wire harness. The fan kicked on right away when we connected the battery to the wire harness terminals. We were perplexed. We almost hard wired the fan to one of the small 12v batteries we had, but decided against it. When the blizzard started up again and we hopped back into the teryx I noticed the check engine light was off. We started on our way and didn't have a problem since. My guess is that the wire harness became dislodged at some point before that. Could've been a large pressure crack we crossed that could've done that, but who knows. Either way, check your connections the moment a check engine light comes on just in case its something simple. when we got off the ice that day we topped off the coolant once it cooled down. Sorry for the long reply. :wink2:
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Top