Teryx HQ banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum. Hello everybody, I have a few problems and was wondering if yall know the fix for them. 1) once the exhaust touches mud, my teryx is stalling out. Do they not have enough compression to keep running? 2) When you ride around slowly my exhaust gets glowing hot from the engine all the way to the muffler. Is this a problem with the spark arrester? Thanks and God Bless,

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Hi there, first off, welcome to the site, we are happy to have you with us and look forward to seeing you around often!

In regards to your first issue, are you saying that if you submerge your exhaust outlet in mud it is stalling out?

As far as your second issue, have you pulled the spark arrestor to see if it is clogged? Also, check the coolant and also ensure that your fan is coming on. Is your radiator clogged up with mud? Keep in mind that going slow obviously does not pass air over the radiator at a significant pace, therefore, you will run warmer when just putting around. With that said, I have heard of some others with heat issues, however, never to the point where the pipes are glowing.

What sort of mods do you have on your machine or is it stock?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is stock and it has never been in the mud. It only has 15 hours on it. This is why I don't understand it.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Sorry I guess I got confused, in your first post you mentioned that everytime the exhaust touches mud you stall out?

So let me ask you...does your fan kick on? What about the temperature warning light on the dash? Coolant level ok?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The fan is working fine. The light never comes on inside the dash but I know it works from when you first start it up. The coolant is good also. I am sure that the dual exhaust system would help but I really think it should not be doing this.

Another question that I have is, right before the rear axle there is a 4 or 5 inch pipe that hooks around to the bottom side of the motor. What is this for? A breather hose for the belt maybe?

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
To answer your second question, that downpipe you see is actually the exhaust outlet for the transmission.

In regards to your heat issue, have you taken out the spark arrestor? Try taking that out and ensure it is not clogged (at 15 hours not sure why it would be, but...) Also, try leaving the spark arrestor out temporarly and see if that helps with your heat issue. Do you have a LE version? If so, remove your windshield or move it up approx six to eight inches and see if that helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If that downpipe is blocked(such as water, but not filled up) would that cause it to stall or keep it from accelerating? When the rear of my ride gets in water I cannot get it to rev up at all. The belt is not slipping because I do not have enough power to even get enough RPM's to keep it running good. I am not sure what the trans exhaust does.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Hmm well my friend, I have to be honest, I really do not know. Basically that downpipe is just to allow the heat to escape the CVT (transmission)

At this point I am wondering if you have a larger problem than what can be diagnosed online. You may want to get it into the dealer to have them look at it.

Hopefully some of our other members will chime in and give their suggestions or thoughts.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've heard of glowing pipes being caused by running to lean. Maybe try and go a size or two bigger jets and see what happens.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
That was my only other suggestion was that he was possibly very lean.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi everybody this is my first visit to this page, am here because a got 2008 teryx stock, it has 350 hours i know is too used, but i like a lot, my problem is when ride about 30 or 40 minutes, the computer stop mark the speed and gone to 0 mph, even if it goin fast the display computer is 0mph, and when that hapen the motor begin to slow down with jumps, if i acelerate it just keeping jumpin. to use it again a have to stop it about 15 minutes the fan kick on 3 or 4 times and after that the coputer display mark the speed normaly, sombody know whats wrong with my teryx

·
Registered
14 Posts
:wave:i know this is three years late but why did this guy say when he is in the mud it has problems then he said it never has been in the mud...lol...lmao maybe you are having some rider error problems

·
Registered
82 Posts
hi everybody this is my first visit to this page, am here because a got 2008 teryx stock, it has 350 hours i know is too used, but i like a lot, my problem is when ride about 30 or 40 minutes, the computer stop mark the speed and gone to 0 mph, even if it goin fast the display computer is 0mph, and when that hapen the motor begin to slow down with jumps, if i acelerate it just keeping jumpin. to use it again a have to stop it about 15 minutes the fan kick on 3 or 4 times and after that the coputer display mark the speed normaly, sombody know whats wrong with my teryx[/QUOTE

Speed sensor maybe!

·
Registered
2 Posts
thanks, I started to read about it, and someting i forgot to tell you is that i just got the teryx 2 mounts ago, a mecanic say it has one problem, but when i ride the teryx in my town INFIERNILLO that is on sea level, it reveal the failure.

·
Registered
62 Posts
my rex has a bout 3000 miles on it ,and im having problems with my vavles,???? looking at putting new cams and valves should i go ahead and do pistons while its down and what kit , want to stay with stock bore. have a buddie that got one from 4 strock tect?????????????

1 - 17 of 17 Posts