Teryx HQ banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talked to another Teryx owner this weekend and he told me about an issue with the plastic roof on the LE model. Apparently they are cracking from the wind pressure while hauling down the highway. I looked at mine and it is already cracked. Apparently they are mailing out a bulletin telling you to remove the roof during transport. Cop out!!!! Anyway, check your roof at the front contour to the flat part and replace under warranty before Kawi stops the flood of replacements.

Please let me know if you are all seeing these cracks.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Ya I am really not thinking that is a very good solution for the issue. How many people are going to remove their roof prior to transporting. Kawasaki should really look into going back to the drawing board and figuring something else out.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I agree it seems like a cop out. I am not sure how hard it is to remove but what a pain.

·
Registered
193 Posts
My LE roof is history, and I won't bother with the dealer. The design also resulted in it vibrating against the frame causing all sorts of noise. Reason they took the roofs off when they rode on that TV show with Kendall. I think the same engineers that did the roof, did the fuel gauage.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I bet they did the nice front plastic also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts