Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure everyone is receiving their letters now, however, if not you can find the recall that was annouced for the roof.

Below is the link for you to check your VIN:

Welcome to Kawasaki.com

Attachments

·
Registered
668 Posts
And for those that do not have acrobat, here is what is says:

Dear Kawasaki TERYX Owner:
The reason for this notice:
This letter is sent to notify you that if you purchased and installed a Kawasaki Genuine Accessory plastic hard top on your vehicle it could crack when the vehicle is towed in an open trailer or carried in the back of a pickup truck when traveling at highway speeds.
What Kawasaki and your dealer will do:
Your Kawasaki RUV dealer will correct this for you at no charge. The correction consists of installing support brackets to prevent the top from cracking. The actual installation will take less than thirty minutes, but may take longer due to scheduling at the dealership and the time needed to obtain required parts.
Please call your authorized Kawasaki RUV dealer to schedule an appointment and take this letter with you at that time.
If you need help:
If you have questions or concerns that your dealer is not able to resolve, please contact Kawasaki’s Consumer Services Department:
Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A.
ATTN: Consumer Services Department
P.O. Box 25252
Santa Ana, California 92799-5252
(949) 460-5688 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:45 p.m. PT Monday through Friday
If you received this notice in error:
Our records indicate you are the current owner of the Teryx described in this letter. If you no longer have the vehicle described in this letter, please help us to update our records by calling Kawasaki toll free at (866) 802-9381 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:45 p.m. PT Monday through Friday.
We are sorry for any inconvenience, but we have taken this action in your best interest and continued satisfaction with your Kawasaki Teryx. Please contact your dealer if you have any questions.
Sincerely,
KAWASAKI MOTORS CORP., U.S.A.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Wonder if the brackets will interfere with after market mirrors and stereos and the like...

that reminds me I need to get my KFX450R in there too and get the fuel pump recall mod done as well heh

·
Registered
14 Posts
Got my letter in the mail today and thought wtf?

Has anyone actually had their roofs crack?

Seems to me like its pretty thick ABS and it wouldn't be that fragile to the 60mph+ winds you'd get while trailering it down the hwy.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually to answer you question, yes a lot of people have had their roofs crack while trailering their machine.

·
Registered
293 Posts
tons of people roofs have cracked.mine broke on the way home when i bought it

·
Registered
99 Posts
Has anyone had the modifications done yet? I am wondering if they need the whole machine, or if you can just take the roof to the stealership for the modification. Also, if anyone has had this done, can you post pics?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I spoke with the stealership today and they told me that they would have to have the whole machine in order to install the brackets. The guy said that the brackets attach to the cage. They ordered the parts and I will drop mine off next week to get the brackets installed. My roof has not cracked yet, but I have been careful not to run over 60 mph while towing the Teryx.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That reminds me, I need to get mine in for that carb heater ground recall.

·
Registered
293 Posts
mines going in monday for the roof support,carb heater,and a leaking rear main seal

·
Registered
99 Posts
I assumed that this recall covered all plastic roofs, but have just found out that mine is not covered on the recall. I guess the camo roof has not been cracking like the black ones. The two look like they are made the same. I don't think that the plastic is any thicker on the camo vs the black.

I did receive a letter with 3 warning stickers though. I guess Kaswasaki doesn't want people putting seats in the bed of Teryx. And they want you to pull trailers in low range, and not have a hitch longer than 9.3" from the center of the hitch pin.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Was at the dealer today, and they told me to call back in a week or so to make a appointment. They didn't have the part numbers or something like that. I'll have to ask them about this carb heater thing to. Is that another recall?

·
Registered
293 Posts
the carb heater is the 1st recall

·
Registered
14 Posts
I spoke with the stealership today and they told me that they would have to have the whole machine in order to install the brackets. The guy said that the brackets attach to the cage. They ordered the parts and I will drop mine off next week to get the brackets installed. My roof has not cracked yet, but I have been careful not to run over 60 mph while towing the Teryx.
The brackets do not attach to the cage.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here is a pic of the supports kawi installs for you,they work !!

Your dealer installed them in the wrong spot. They are supposed to be to the outside of the two inside ribs, not to the outside of the two outside ribs. As long as they work though...............

·
Registered
14 Posts
I assumed that this recall covered all plastic roofs, but have just found out that mine is not covered on the recall. I guess the camo roof has not been cracking like the black ones. The two look like they are made the same. I don't think that the plastic is any thicker on the camo vs the black.

I did receive a letter with 3 warning stickers though. I guess Kaswasaki doesn't want people putting seats in the bed of Teryx. And they want you to pull trailers in low range, and not have a hitch longer than 9.3" from the center of the hitch pin.
Different plastic

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yes it seems to work as I have had it over 100 behind my pickup already,can you post up the install instructions for us? If mine breaks I will have some backup. I do think it looks better that way though.

Your dealer installed them in the wrong spot. They are supposed to be to the outside of the two inside ribs, not to the outside of the two outside ribs. As long as they work though...............

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
WOW 100 is fast!!

Here is what comes in the Roof Recall Kit. No directions, only a template. (Lets call it alternate form of instructions ;) )

Attachments

1 - 20 of 44 Posts