Teryx HQ banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What you all have been Waiting for pictures of the Teryx skids, offered by Factory UTV

been pretty excited about these for a while, the guys up at factory UTV have finally put the finishing touches on the skid, Now I get the pleasure of taking it out nad beating the tar out of it.

Attachments

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Looks great, cannot wait to get mine and get it installed! :good:

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Wow they look cool. Why go with UHMW or say aluminum just curious. We use it at work to surface tables and such but I would have never thought of using it for a skid plate. Can't wait for the ride report when are you heading out to beet them up?

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Well the main reason I can see is that it is slicker than aluminum, thus allowing you to slide over rocks. In addition, it has some give to it, so you will not dent it. I also seem to think I remember hearing it is lighter...but I cannot be 100%

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
I am not sure, still waiting for mine. I thought for some reason there was an access area, but I do not know for sure.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just changed by oil filter this evening. I had the engine coverings off earlier. Owner's manual notwithstanding, I have not been able to even glimpse a view of the oil filter from above, let alone get a wrench on it. From below, however, changing the filter is child's play.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well After 7 Months of Abuse we will be Raising the Front end of the TReryx up This week to see if any damage has been incurred, I seriously Doubt it though from the cursery inspecton from Laying on the ground and looking. WIll post pics this week

·
Registered
8 Posts
How has the skid plates held up for you? Am in the process of researching plates and came across your post. I had never heard of UHMW application but sounds interesting.

Appreciate any info you can give.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have one as well- It's been on for a few months, and has taken some abuse- Am going to do an oil change this week, so I'll give you an update then....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Appreciate you following up. I know the access points for the oil changes make a big difference instead of having to remove the whole plate.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts