Teryx HQ banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHATS THE PROBLEM. THIS THING SOUNDS LIKE ITS MAKEING POWER.I GOT THE CDI STILL NO GO I RIDE WITH 3 RHINOS AND THEY ALL GOT ME ON THE TOP END AND THEY ARE RIGHT BESIDE ME ON THE UP SHIFT.HOW CAN THIS BE FROM THE ONE LUNGER.IT JUST FEELS LIKE ITS NOT UP SHIFTING FAST ENOUGH.DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW MUCH PRIMARY WEIGHT ARE IN THIS CLUTCH, AND WHAT DEGREE OF HELIX THEY HAVE STOCK AND WHAT THE PRIMARY SPRING RATE IS.BECAUSE THIS IS SICK THIS SXS SHOULD RIPPPPPP OH AND MY BUDS WITH THE RHINOS IM SURE YOU CAN GUESS HOW THATS GOING.

CHRIS
:mad:

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you are just running a mod CDI without rejetting and running it wide open it wont be long until your engine is done all together. The stock jetting is way too lean to run at sustained high rpms. Hunter and Dragonfire racing offer exelent jet kits to resolve the jetting and also makes it alot snapier at the botom end with the lighter slide springs. But i still agre with you on the clutch mine does 0-40 in about 150ft but flatens out after that its almost liker the driver and driven are not opening all the way

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im going to call todd and get his jet kit and airbox mod. I think the primary needs more weight at the heel. I can see a dalton kit on the way.But will need to know max rpm and how to install tach to clutch.
for rpm and max HP.
Chris

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yea ive been reading on the daulton clutch it definatly looks like the way to go I like mods with flexability. Im not looking to go 80 but i feel my rpms are too high at 50

·
Registered
293 Posts
i havent raced a rhino or prowler that were even close

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine is 53 mph on my street, No upgrades yet. My buddys rhino sucks and after all the money he invested is selling due to a snaped hub and broken tierod. I heard the muzzys,dynatek cdi,and airbox conversion were the way to go...........

·
Registered
668 Posts
Perplexed to say the least, are we sure the CDI, made that much of a difference on your machine? Just CDI and jetting and exhaust powertip is getting me to 60 63mph on the stock speedo. I was just wondering if there was a problem with your CDI. I had outran the stock rhinos with my stock Teryx, but the RZR had outran me stock, now since my mods I stomp the RZR (stock), and the rhinos (stock) are not even a fair race!
Which CDI do you have, need some more info? Tires?
Must have another issue?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Gofast if you are planning mods start with the cdi and a jet kit. They are your best bang for the buck! Mine does 62 and has a ton more power in the bottom end

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Which CDI curve are you runnning?

I only have a hard time with highly modded Rhino's and in the bumpy stuff, my Teryx cannot hang with the Rhino's with after market shocks, not even close, I get beat up and they fly right over it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Sorry guyes I work 7 to 5 my teryx has 27" xtrs and i have the dynatek none adj cdi. Puddle jumper I hope she ripps after all that gear. I just think they should be faster than a stock rhino,stock to stock I have raced 4 all togather spanked 1 and got spanked 3 times.I would like to hear from someone who has feed this primary some weight to see what happend. Talked to todd today and will buy carb kit tomorrow. I guess I will start clutching after that.Does anyone know where this motor makes power,what rpm to shoot for.My teryx is brand new 15hrs on it the motor sounds good nothing wrong,I will check my throttle cable to see if its adjusted right"opening all the way"Or maybe i got a s&%$y cdi.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Rhino Killer

I have a friend with a rhino with exhaust mods and cdi box and my TERYX is almost stock and everytime we race I spank him bad! All he talks about is getting a TERYX ,and after last weekend(went on a very technical ride) I Pulled the rhino out of a 4 foot deep ditch that he had rolled onto his top in. Thank God no one was hurt. All of the riders that went(5) had regular ATV's and after saving the rhino and powering up super steep grades and basicly going everywhere they went,The TERYX gained all of thier respect.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Sorry guyes I work 7 to 5 my teryx has 27" xtrs and i have the dynatek none adj cdi. Puddle jumper I hope she ripps after all that gear. I just think they should be faster than a stock rhino,stock to stock I have raced 4 all togather spanked 1 and got spanked 3 times.I would like to hear from someone who has feed this primary some weight to see what happend. Talked to todd today and will buy carb kit tomorrow. I guess I will start clutching after that.Does anyone know where this motor makes power,what rpm to shoot for.My teryx is brand new 15hrs on it the motor sounds good nothing wrong,I will check my throttle cable to see if its adjusted right"opening all the way"Or maybe i got a s&% cdi.
Definitely DO check the throttle linkage. Mine was not opening all the way when I first got the Teryx. I was missing out on some power for sure.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts