Teryx HQ banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's what I came up with for a sub box for the Teryx. No welding needed to mount. I drilled 3 holes in existing brackets on the Teryx and made a couple of brackets out of aluminum angle and some flat stock steel. It's made out of 3/4" MDF then sprayed with truck bed liner. The only other mod I did was to cut the firewall for the sub to "vent" into the cab and made a relocating bracket for the rectifier. I was able to get .36cuft internal volume of the box which is perfect for the JL Audio 8W1 or 8W3.

The first pic is looking straight at the woofer with the cubby compartment/cup holder removed.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Well look at that...very nicely done my friend! :good:

·
Registered
722 Posts
I have seen some of the work done by crnacnac and let me tell you this guy is a nut when it comes to attention to detail. Will your teryx be at the ssss? If so I will have to check it out. OH yeah and welcome to the hz.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
crnacnac, are you here in Arizona?

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Ahh ok very cool, I guess we will have to be your third, right ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have seen some of the work done by crnacnac and let me tell you this guy is a nut when it comes to attention to detail. Will your teryx be at the ssss? If so I will have to check it out. OH yeah and welcome to the hz.
I will have some boxes with me all 3 days at the SSSS but not sure yet if I will have one installed on display.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hey, I saw you over at gd.com. What are you using for speakers and a head unit? How hard was the wiring? What booth are you going to be in at the SSSS?

Andy

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey, I saw you over at gd.com. What are you using for speakers and a head unit? How hard was the wiring? What booth are you going to be in at the SSSS?

Andy
For one friend I'm using ALPINE Type R components and another friend 4-marine 6 1/2" marine speakers. For the head unit I will use the new marine head units from ALPINE which will be out in October. The wiring is not bad after you remove the driveshaft hump.
Not sure if I will have a Teryx on display. If I do it will be in the Buckshot booth.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts