Teryx HQ banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Will I need to rejet with the filter or will it be ok until further mods?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Todd, I've got 11.5 hrs on my Teryx now & will get to the 20 mark within a month or two (definitely before my Montana trip in October) I would like to change the filter & do air box mods myself. Also, if my "war dept" says it's OK I'd like to go with the programmable Dynatek. The only thing I'd want the dealer to do during 20hr service in addition to their regular routine is rejet. Will I shoot myself in the foot (touchy subject I realize for you & Diesel right now) by doing any/all of these mods prior to having him rejet? Also, I'm pretty sure my wife won't go along with Muzzy's because of cost, but was wondering about a billet tip I've seen on this or "another" site. I realize it would improve looks & maybe sound (if I'm lucky). Respond to as much of this as you'd like....maybe it will answer questions others might have about easiest & least expensive mods. Please PM me regarding prices of the various items.....filter, air box/carb kit, programmable Dynatek & exhaust tip. Thanks:)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yah, I was thinking of asking them sometime before I get to that. If they are hesitant about using jets from a source other than their own, maybe they would have something that would work. Am I correct in assuming that I could do everything short of the CDI without re-jetting? I currently ride at 1600 feet or less & will only be going to about 3600 or so in Montana in October. Thanks for your expertise!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I don't trust myself to remove & re-jet the carbs. I've never done anything like that, so I thought I'd have the dealer do it for me during the 20 hr service if they will. If they say they wouldn't install jets that I get from someone else, I'll just have to have them supply the jets & just purchase the air box vents from you. I think I could handle installing them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts