Teryx HQ banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:confused: i have a 2011 sport with muzzys and msd box and snorkels decided to dip in some water to test the snorkels out. I'm guessing the water stop the fan which blew the fuse kept riding not knowing the fan wasnt working well eventually the temp light started flashing so i cut it off and let it cool down. Then started driving it again temp light came back on the fi then another light started flashing and the whole machine shut off.
Towed it back to camp all the water was gone out the radiator and it wouldnt do anything replaced main fuse and all lights and stuff came back on. Put water in the radiator and crank it ran fine idleing so i dont think cracked head or head gasket started driving it wouldnt go over 15mph and was shooting fuel out of exhaust and smoke like burnt fuel killed it and tried cranking the next day woundnt crank and computer was hot what is going on

·
Administrator
184 Posts
I don't mean to be rude or anything but formatting your post with paragraphs and sentences usually helps get responses. That was actually hard to read....

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
:confused: i have a 2011 sport with muzzys and msd box and snorkels decided to dip in some water to test the snorkels out. I'm guessing the water stop the fan which blew the fuse kept riding not knowing the fan wasnt working well eventually the temp light started flashing so i cut it off and let it cool down. Then started driving it again temp light came back on the fi then another light started flashing and the whole machine shut off.
Towed it back to camp all the water was gone out the radiator and it wouldnt do anything replaced main fuse and all lights and stuff came back on. Put water in the radiator and crank it ran fine idleing so i dont think cracked head or head gasket started driving it wouldnt go over 15mph and was shooting fuel out of exhaust and smoke like burnt fuel killed it and tried cranking the next day woundnt crank and computer was hot what is going on
The one I can answer is if raw fuel is coming out then one of two things is happening. That cylinder is not firing so the fuel is going thru or you might have a injector issue hence the FI light.

Download you service manual from tradebit.com for a 09 forward Teryx and go thru the diagnostic function to see what code is set hence the FI light.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I like this man, he has a 2011 and he is putting it to the test, he plans on finding out what its made out of, so how did the snorkels work?
lol snorkels worked great i didnt buy it to baby it this hole actually dropped off about another foot

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
overheated

Can't speak for the fuel and aftermath problems.I can speak for checking your ventline coming off your fan. If you get water in your line (I have) your fan will not run and you'll boil over. If you pull off ventline and just blow water out that should remedy the problem. All the secondary problems you had I can't speak for. I have overheated mine and had issues with the fan but never with all the symptoms you speak of.

·
Registered
82 Posts
That looks like a familiar hole down at River run in Jacksonville Texas. If that is at River Run, I know exactly how deep it is and you are right its DEEP!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I know that damn hole well then. We were there this past weekend and had a blast. Tons of mud and water all over the place. I hit that hole back in may at the big concert ride they had. I honestly thought I was gonna drown my rig.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know that damn hole well then. We were there this past weekend and had a blast. Tons of mud and water all over the place. I hit that hole back in may at the big concert ride they had. I honestly thought I was gonna drown my rig.
yeah i know what u mean about a few more feet is where it really drops off u couldnt see bed or hood

1 - 14 of 14 Posts