Teryx HQ banner

Teryx Winch Install

35K views 16 replies 17 participants last post by  martinbrown2398 
#1 ·
I couldn't really find a good way to post this, so I just put it in a PDF format and attached the file. At least that way, you should be able to print it or share with others.

Attachments

#7 ·
That is a clean install, good job. If it make s a difference to anyone running in lots of water and mud, I switched my blue/yellow and black/red cables around and mounted the contactor and control box for the wireless remote up under the hood to keep them out of the water. Also with the contactor under the hood it gives you a power source under the hood for other accessories without routing wires all the way down to the battery.

#10 ·
Thanks for the Install Insrtuctions

I followed your instructions to a successful install. I mounted the remote connector in the dash and was able to tap into the hot lead to the accessory plug in. The job definitely took way longer than expected but w/o your instructions it would have taken way longer.

#13 ·
The 2011 has the wiring harness relocated. You may want to follow the new routing as the old way the drivers side floor plastic edge (unless you ground it down) could cut into the wires if you had to many going through there.

#15 ·
cepennington - Did you weld the two pad eyes to the KFI fairlead bracket? I was trying to compare your pictures on your PDF document of both pieces to the pictures on KFI website and didn't see how the clevises could attach the way you show in that position. I really like the addition of those clevisis and Im currently looking to add a winch to my 2010 Teryx LE (2 seater).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.