Teryx HQ banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of / used Teryxgiant.com before? I ordered a HID kit from them last week and haven't seen it yet. I have called countless times over the last few days and have only gotten one answer a day ago. I asked for a tracking number and he said he would track it for me and get back to me. I haven't heard from him yet. I am wondering if this is a fluke or maybe just the way they operate? I would love for someone on here to tell me they have done business with them and everything went smoothly. I am starting to wonder if I have made a mistake.

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
Has anyone heard of / used Teryxgiant.com before? I ordered a HID kit from them last week and haven't seen it yet. I have called countless times over the last few days and have only gotten one answer a day ago. I asked for a tracking number and he said he would track it for me and get back to me. I haven't heard from him yet. I am wondering if this is a fluke or maybe just the way they operate? I would love for someone on here to tell me they have done business with them and everything went smoothly. I am starting to wonder if I have made a mistake.
Jake is a good guy, he buys MSD's from us. He is a one man show, cut him some slack I am sure something is going on but he is good for it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's all good I got them today in the mail. I would have liked a little more communication but I totally understand a one man show.

Btw I just got done installing the winch I bought from you Todd. It looks freakin awesome. I got the widespool 5000 lbs viper max. Install was a breeze. Amber was very helpful and polite. Thanks for the great product and service.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Hunter works has always been good to me as well

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Todd, I installed the new viper max 5000lb winch. I was finishing up and couldn't get the bottom bumper bolts to line up. I am assuming that I was supposed to bolt the bumper to the fairlead plate instead of the factory holes. Please let me know if my assumption was correct. Thanks for the help man!

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
Hey Todd, I installed the new viper max 5000lb winch. I was finishing up and couldn't get the bottom bumper bolts to line up. I am assuming that I was supposed to bolt the bumper to the fairlead plate instead of the factory holes. Please let me know if my assumption was correct. Thanks for the help man!
You lost me on this part

I was supposed to bolt the bumper to the fairlead plate instead of the factory holes.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The bumper comes mounted using 4 bolts from the factory. I put the top two back where they were originally at. After i installed the winch, the bottom two holes would not line up on the original bolt holes in the frame of the teryx. Instead of using the factory bolts and holes, I bolted the front of the bumper, with the fairlead plate, to the winch plate. I hope this is more descriptive. Basically what I am saying is that the bottom two factory bolts on my teryx's bumper are no longer in use. the bumper is bolted at the top(in original holes) and at the bottom to the winch mounting plate.

2010 Teryx

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
QUOTE=jsandone;46100]The bumper comes mounted using 4 bolts from the factory. I put the top two back where they were originally at. After i installed the winch, the bottom two holes would not line up on the original bolt holes in the frame of the teryx. Instead of using the factory bolts and holes, I bolted the front of the bumper, with the fairlead plate, to the winch plate. I hope this is more descriptive. Basically what I am saying is that the bottom two factory bolts on my teryx's bumper are no longer in use. the bumper is bolted at the top(in original holes) and at the bottom to the winch mounting plate.

2010 Teryx[/QUOTE]

:worthless[1]:

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
The bumper comes mounted using 4 bolts from the factory. I put the top two back where they were originally at. After i installed the winch, the bottom two holes would not line up on the original bolt holes in the frame of the teryx. Instead of using the factory bolts and holes, I bolted the front of the bumper, with the fairlead plate, to the winch plate. I hope this is more descriptive. Basically what I am saying is that the bottom two factory bolts on my teryx's bumper are no longer in use. the bumper is bolted at the top(in original holes) and at the bottom to the winch mounting plate.

2010 Teryx
You might have to call my mechanic, I personally have not mounted one on a Teryx. I believe he has.

Actually I have a install video I think of a winch install I did a long time ago

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I watched the video on your website. I assume that was an 08 model. I am installing on a 2010 model, and it appears to be different. All is well though. I used the winch the other day and didn't rip the front end off. LOL I guess that means it will be okay hahaha. Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
I watched the video on your website. I assume that was an 08 model. I am installing on a 2010 model, and it appears to be different. All is well though. I used the winch the other day and didn't rip the front end off. LOL I guess that means it will be okay hahaha. Thanks for the help!
I didn't know it was different, we have a 09 model now.

What is different?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It looked like the mount plate was different.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts