Teryx HQ banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm brand new to the forums. I found it last night and after some reading decided this was a good place to be so I signed up.

My oldest is soon to be 6 and rides a Suzuki 50 to go along with my old school 400EX. My other son will be 3 this summer and can't wait for his first "real" quad.

I've hated going riding without the missus because I know she'd enjoy some of it as well.

Last fall I came across a near new Yamaha Bruin 350 with a bad engine I'm still in the process of reassembling for her. In the meantime plans have changed and I bought her a new lime green Teryx the other day. Don't have possession of it yet but hopefully in the next day or three we'll be back down to get it.

Anyways, sorry for the long windedness but I'll be checking in frequently I hope. Because of my occupation, I'm often in and out (here one week, gone for one or two) a lot but I look forward to getting to know some of you.

Kyle

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Hey there Kyle, welcome to the site :wave: it is great to have you with us!

A new lime green Teryx? The dealer must of had some custom paint done prior to selling it I suppose.

Best of luck with your new machine, you will love it!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a custom paint, looks real good. They also had a black one fully customized with roll cage, bead locks, custom front bumper, racing bucket seats, Two Bros dual exhaust, etc. and a hefty price tag.

This one is mostly stock as the wife didn't like the custom wheels so they're putting the stock ones back on.

I'm not a big Kawasaki fan but the Yamaha dealer will not get my business and even though it's carbureted, I like the V over the single Craptor engine.

And thanks for the welcome, I look forward to getting to know some of you guys.

Kyle

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I don't know, never had one. I don't dislike them and think they build good stuff. They just never really had anything I wanted/needed.

I grew up on Suzuki and hated anything Honda even though we had the ATC110 so the Yamaha's and Kawasaki's of the 80s were rooted for over the Honda, but after the Suzuki. LOL

I'm still partial to the Suzuki's and now like Honda. There's not any of them I particularly dislike even though I tease my bro in law by calling his Raptor 700 a Craptor.

I looked at the Rhino and don't doubt it's quality but the Yamaha dealer flat out SUCKS and won't get my business unless I just have to, and I don't. I did like the EFI and the better shocks on the SE Rhino but the V twin engine I think is a work of magic even though I've never been around one. Add in that the Kawi dealer is fantastic I finally made a large purchase from them instead of helmets, clothes, oil, etc.

Now you know. lol

Kyle

I forget, will get the pics once we get back to Amarillo to get it.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
No worries, everyone has their favorites. I will be honest, I was dead set on a Rhino initially, until I did the research and talked to others who had tested the Teryx. I really wanted the EFI because of the type of riding we do, dunes maybe one weekend, mountains the next, so I had concerns over jetting issues. I think they are both great machines, however, in my opinion I am thinking that Yamaha may start to fall behind with that single cylinder motor, right now, the v-twin seems to be where it is at.

They are all good machines in my opinion and I am happy to run with any of them...but I think you made a wise decision ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was really thinking between the Rhino and Razr but I know the Razr would be too much for my wife so it came down to the Rhino mostly for the FI. We went to the Kawi dealer to kill some time and they had 2 and it just came down to the dealer.

I can't wait to get it even though it's the wife's. It's a whole new experience for me vs the quads

Kyle

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
I swore I could never have a side x side and not a quad...honestly, I sold my Banshee when I bought my Teryx, and I do not even miss it.

You and your wife are going to love your new toy! Seriously though, it is time to hide the wallet and credit cards ;) lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I must admit it has me thinking "do I want one"?

I have so much invested in my 400EX that it's worth more to me than to anyone else so I'm sure I'll always have it.

I'm spending my Father's Day goofing off looking at what all is out there for the Teryx but I'll be off in a little bit to grill some ribs. Making me hungry as I type.

It's a good thing she hates the debt as much as I do. LOL It's cash or we can't afford it.

Kyle

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Well that is an excellent way of looking at it...only wish I was that smart ;)

Did you say ribs? Shoot me your address so I can Google Map is and I should be there in approx 17 hours...so start smoking them now ;)

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Well I need to go through Amarillo I am sure, so I suppose I will trade you your Teryx for some ribs ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No, take Hwy 54 in Tucumcari, NM and head to Dalhart. That will get you within smelling distance.

Kyle

·
Registered
121 Posts
Did you say Ribs for Everyone?

Those ribs are sounding really good, but it's a bit far from Northern Wisconsin. It's funny how many have said they really liked the Rhino ever since they 1st came out, then switched to liking the performance of the twin cyl RZR, then opting finally for the V-twin Teryx. That's exactly what happened with me I think it's a great compromise between sport & utility. But, like you I keep thinking of things I'd like to add. Great minds definitely think alike!:D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Whomever can get here first gets the pick. If you're late, then maybe you can scavenge the bones for some meat. LOL

Turtle, I'm a Brewers fan. You? Forget the Pack though, Cowboy blood runs deep. LOL

·
Registered
121 Posts
Oh yah, I like the Brewers, but haven't followed baseball much since the Braves left Milwaukee (around 50 yrs ago). I've always been a Packer fan though even during the long drought from the 1st couple of Super Bowls up until recent years when they got it back together. My kids & son/daughters in law like both, but especially the Pack. They truly are the whole state"s favorite with very few exceptions.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Welcome to the forum. This is the greatest Teryx site on the net hands down. I am like you and will always have a quad. I like the best of both worlds. My 450 yfz is my best friend but until the neck is fully healed it will have to be the teryx. Look forward to seeing some pics of your ride when you get it home.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got a picture of the green Teryx up. Check it out but please disregard the ugly yellow garage door in the background. :D

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Oh yes very nice!! I like the Teryx too ;)

Seriously, I think the Kawi green looks good on it :good:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts