Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, that rights my Big Bore will cost me a little over $165,000.

The wifey made a deal with me, if I was able to get her into a new house soon, when we close, I can get an 840 kit.

Sometimes compromising can be lop-sided! But, we are expecting our first child in October, so I guess I can see where she would not want me spending too much money on toys with upcoming expenses.

1526 Savannah Dr, Richmond, TX 77406 - HAR.com

Just waiting on the counter offer now. I think we got it. FST will be one of the first to know!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Damn thats a good price, Out here in Ca that would be in the 500 range, i need to relocate and have some money for toys

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
To far of a drive for Glamis...we looked back in '95 around Dallas and such...beautiful houses and great country to live I think...but still too far from where we play so I guess we are stuck...

And your wife is gonna HATE cleaning that shower glass...:p

Beautiful house...I hope it all goes well...:D

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Nice house. Up here you would need to come up with another $500,000+ to get into it.
Congrats on the new house and the baby.

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
Yup, that rights my Big Bore will cost me a little over $165,000.

The wifey made a deal with me, if I was able to get her into a new house soon, when we close, I can get an 840 kit.

Sometimes compromising can be lop-sided! But, we are expecting our first child in October, so I guess I can see where she would not want me spending too much money on toys with upcoming expenses.

1526 Savannah Dr, Richmond, TX 77406 - HAR.com

Just waiting on the counter offer now. I think we got it. FST will be one of the first to know!
Sound like a fair deal to me!:D

·
Registered
780 Posts
killer deal. i saw 165k and was thinking "humm, not gonna get too much of a house". like others have said, around here that is about 250 to 300k

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Moving forward....

Meeting with inspectors tommorow....if that goes well, next step is the appraisal so the lender can justify the loan. Hopefully, by June 14th I can close and make a Call to 814-842-6159 from 3-6 east coast times only mon-fri.

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
Meeting with inspectors tommorow....if that goes well, next step is the appraisal so the lender can justify the loan. Hopefully, by June 14th I can close and make a Call to 814-842-6159 from 3-6 east coast times only mon-fri.
Hope everything works out for you and the wife. Housing loans right now are not as easy as they say.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Had 2 inspections today... a basic inspection and and A/C inspection.

The basic passed with flying colors....however the A/C inspection pretty much failed.

What initially looked like a primary evaporator coil clogged drained turned out to be more.

The primary drip pan has a crack and is leaking into the secondary catch pan and exiting the house.

I am told the primary drip pan on that particular unit cannot be replaced. So a new evaporator coil assembly unit must be replaced.

Luckily the current owners have a home warranty when they purchased the house and the warranty "should" cover the evaporator coil. I will add to the addendum that the replacement unit should be of greater or equal value with not extra expense required on the buyers part.

The A/C guy also noted that the compressor is pulling 24 Amps and the service limit of that particular unit is 25 Amps. Kinda running on the ragged edge in my book. But, technically, it is still working, we'll see what happens on that deal.

All in all, a very productive day, I'm still optimistic it will all work out.

Hogback Road or Lane?:spend:

·
Banned
1,124 Posts

The basic passed with flying colors....however the A/C inspection pretty much failed.

What initially looked like a primary evaporator coil clogged drained turned out to be more.

The primary drip pan has a crack and is leaking into the secondary catch pan and exiting the house.

I am told the primary drip pan on that particular unit cannot be replaced. So a new evaporator coil assembly unit must be replaced.

Luckily the current owners have a home warranty when they purchased the house and the warranty "should" cover the evaporator coil. I will add to the addendum that the replacement unit should be of greater or equal value with not extra expense required on the buyers part.

The A/C guy also noted that the compressor is pulling 24 Amps and the service limit of that particular unit is 25 Amps. Kinda running on the ragged edge in my book. But, technically, it is still working, we'll see what happens on that deal.

I sold the shop on Hogback RD where you came to,but I'm still work out of there because I have been trying to get all my projects done so I don't have to move a million parts and then try to find them again after the move.That and no matter how many times I tell people I'm not taking on work they keep sending motors in. I guess it's good to have too much to do,but I want to go play too!:(

·
Premium Member
796 Posts

Our cost on a evap coil is about $275 to $350...it's the labor to tear it out that is a pain...so most end up being about $1000 to $1500 to replace by the time it's all said and done...

24 amps on your compressor?..THAT is high...ask him if he checked the capacitor...if it's out of spec (+ or - 10% of the listed rating on the side of the cap) then your motor will over amp and you will lose that compressor...most often at the worst time...and if you have a warranty company then all they will do is keep nursing it along with band aids...sucks but that's what they do...

Might also have him check the contactor for the compressor...sometime they get dirt or insects in between the contact points and won't close all the way...resulting in a over amping condition...

·
Registered
604 Posts
and the house is well worth that money...it would go higher than that here also....location is the key to a houses price....and is there a float switch on the auxillary drain?i bet there isnt...you surely need one to save some money down the road.

·
Registered
347 Posts
We owned an insulation company for a while and from that viewpoint I would tell you that one thing you absolutely need to do is view the utility bills for the last year. You want to make sure you can afford the electric and gas because I have seen houses that the monthly utilities dwarfed the mortgage payment. Make sure and get the type and amount of insulation in the walls and attic. Also take not of the windows and doors. Watch out for large windows facing west......and be glad for large glass facing south. My two cents

·
Registered
526 Posts
Jak jancek where do you ride? I am in the conroe area

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
sandjunkie...are u a hvac man?also what brand ac does the house have in it?i would say its a goodman...
Yes I am an air conditioning contractor by trade...for 28 years now...wow time flies...

I'm not sure what brand is in the house but it would not surprise me if it was a Goodman or the warranty company forces the service contractor to buy a Goodman...they are pretty "Cost Effective" if you get my meaning...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have a family ranch in Franklin, TX. That's where I do most of my riding.

Update on House:

As it turns out the primary drain was clogged and was overflowing into the secondary pan. What was thought to be a crack was actually not.

Tentative closing date of June 11th with a 48hour grace period.

As soon as I get moved in and my garage floor either epoxy coated or polished I'll be making a call to FST.

Do any of you guys have your shop/garage floors epoxy coated or polished?

·
Registered
347 Posts
I've done two floors with the epoxy. They look really nice. Epoxy floors can crack or chip if you drop something on them they say.....but so far so good. Both floors are my dads. One in the garage and one in his shop he just finished. He did the 1600 sq ft shop floor for just over 300.00. So the price is pretty good.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts