Teryx HQ banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy Shit these things are bad to the bone! Couldnt wait till the weekend, so I got them installed tonight. Took about 5 hours to get them installed with all the tear down, but they sound awesome. I still have to Jet, but I started it up just to hear it anyway.

Couple of hints...

1) I had to file a flat place on the back exaust flange (The Gold part). It is a bit too big and wont go past the tranny shifter tower.
2) The threads in the aluminum bracket are burred... Make sure you thread them first before you put them on.
3) I did this with the bed still on. It would have been nice to have it off, but it was do-able with it on.
4) The pictures in the instructions are very hard to see. Check out these pictures if you are going to install. Took me at least 1 1/2 hours just to figure out how to route the headers.

I'll give you all another report when I get it all put back together and jetted.

Scott...

Attachments

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Oh my friend it looks excellent, great pictures, thanks so much for sharing!

I am hoping once mine are on to get a sound clip for everyone.

Appreciate you taking the time to give a headsup on things they may encounter during installation, I am sure that will help out tremendously!

Being that you have the tilt bed, do you think for members who do not, that they will still be able to install with just taking off some of the skid plates?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Appreciate you taking the time to give a headsup on things they may encounter during installation, I am sure that will help out tremendously!

Being that you have the tilt bed, do you think for members who do not, that they will still be able to install with just taking off some of the skid plates?
Possible, but I dont think so... I had to get my upper body in there to work on everything. If I were to do it again, I think I would just take the box off. Not sure how hard it is with a non-tilt bed, but with a tilt its 2 pins, the shocks, unwire the lights, and lift it off. WARNING: One other thing, they tell you to take the heat shield off that is under the bed. They are self tapping screws, and the front ones came out with an impact screwdriver. There is not enough clearance for the back 2, and I used an air impact ratchet on them and stripped the heads out on them.

I'll get a sound clip up either tomorrow or over the weekend. You guys are going to freak out! Closest thing I can compare it to is my 72 chevelle super sport with headers and glass packs... Maybe my harley with Vance and Hines... I gotta tell you, I am stoked!

Scott...

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Thanks again for all the information, I am sure this will be handy for everyone out there who will be installing their own. I am really excited to hear how it sounds, I have used a lot of Muzzys products on street bikes, but this will be the first time I use one of their off-road products. I have a feeling Muzzys outdid themselves on this exhaust...I think they have a winner on their hands.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Wow what a nice job and a great write up. That is what a good website should be all about people doing a project and giving good feedback. Thanks for taking the time to do it for the rest of us that is cool. Can't wait to hear it run.

·
Registered
80 Posts

We just put a set on a non LE model. The bed doesn't need to come off. WE just dropped the skid plate to remove the old header pipe and install the new one. The only problem we had was trying to figure out how to assemble the header pipes. Pretty easy really.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Holy Shit these things are bad to the bone! Couldnt wait till the weekend, so I got them installed tonight. Took about 5 hours to get them installed with all the tear down, but they sound awesome. I still have to Jet, but I started it up just to hear it anyway.

Couple of hints...

1) I had to file a flat place on the back exaust flange (The Gold part). It is a bit too big and wont go past the tranny shifter tower.
2) The threads in the aluminum bracket are burred... Make sure you thread them first before you put them on.
3) I did this with the bed still on. It would have been nice to have it off, but it was do-able with it on.
4) The pictures in the instructions are very hard to see. Check out these pictures if you are going to install. Took me at least 1 1/2 hours just to figure out how to route the headers.

I'll give you all another report when I get it all put back together and jetted.

Scott...
Scott,

Thanks for the input. I'll have the installation pictures enlarged and we'll look into the flange clearance as well.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The fixed bed can be tilted up just like the LE. There are two hold down brackets ,one on each side. They are located towards the front of the bed. Remove the 10mm head bolts and the bracket will come off. Then tilt the bed up.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Thanks, yes I was aware that the fixed bed can still tilt. The reason why I was asking is for people who have had four seat cages installed and may not be able to tilt the bed upwards :)

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Really, I have not noticed, can you show me the other picture that showed a different billet mount?

·
Registered
85 Posts
We have installed and tested the Muzzy's. We are finalizing teryx clutching and still have a few steps to go,but the Muzzy pipes are very impressive. They look,fit,and work excellent. We test a lot of atv models,and have experienced many pipes and mods. These pipes are the real deal. Simply excellent quality and great performance gain in early testing. We will be doing some engine dyno work with the muzzy and cdi for comparison before more extensive engine work.
Hopefully this week.

I already expected good from these pipes,from previous experiences on Brute force applications,etc...but I'm very impressed with these.
Dale

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just got a call from the Muzzy's sales rep and it appears that they have been doing some testing on the exhaust and have found some hot spots in the headers... They are working on a mod to add shields to the unit, and will ship them out when they get them done, but they said in the mean time to add header wrap to the exhaust.

Great job being proactive!

Attached is a picture of the places that need wrapped...

Scott...

Attachments

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Sounds just like something Muzzys would do...always looking to improve their already impressive work to ensure that it is flawless.

Thanks for the information as well Scott!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Wow great service from a great company that is impressive.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts