Teryx HQ banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a Teryx Sport 2009, I do not have any problem with oil coming up in the air box but I just received my new MSD and Uni filter from Hunterworks, should I order a siphon break since my rpm will be higher? If yes, Todd seems to have a very good one but others advertises one less expensive, are those are going to do the some job? I appreciate your comments. Any body with a 2009 has problem with oil coming on the air box? Or is it only the 2008. Thanks

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
I own a Teryx Sport 2009, I do not have any problem with oil coming up in the air box but I just received my new MSD and Uni filter from Hunterworks, should I order a siphon break since my rpm will be higher? If yes, Todd seems to have a very good one but others advertises one less expensive, are those are going to do the some job? I appreciate your comments. Any body with a 2009 has problem with oil coming on the air box? Or is it only the 2008. Thanks
The cheeper one that UTV Crap sells is what I came up with 10 years ago with Kawies first V-Twin which is the same as the Teryx. This is what 90% of people use because it works perfect on stock motors as well as big bore kit motors,even the turbo charged one's.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
You might try yours first I ran my 09 with msd and muzzy wide open for 2-3 miles at a time and had no issue but I have mine torn down now for 840 kit and will be putting one in but the 09 has a little better design than the 08 so you might try it and watch for oil and see, like I said I had no issue stock.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
We came up with a combination of the Mickey's design at FST and the HW "Michael" fitting. We have been running it out in Glamis on all types of terrain for more than 50 hours now and it works perfectly on our 840 kit. So much so that 2 builders have started to carry our line...sweet...:D

Here's a couple of shots...

I don't know if you can go wrong with either kit but I DO like the fact that no machining is required with the "Michael" fitting. Some kits out there require you to drill and tap the valve cover or drill out the head (which I don't have the guts to do unless I pulled it off the car)...which seems like alot of work.

Anyways thats my opinion and it's worth exactly what you paid for it...nothing...

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
We came up with a combination of the Mickey's design at FST and the HW "Michael" fitting. We have been running it out in Glamis on all types of terrain for more than 50 hours now and it works perfectly on our 840 kit. So much so that 2 builders have started to carry our line...sweet...:D

Here's a couple of shots...

I don't know if you can go wrong with either kit but I DO like the fact that no machining is required with the "Michael" fitting. Some kits out there require you to drill and tap the valve cover or drill out the head (which I don't have the guts to do unless I pulled it off the car)...which seems like alot of work.

Anyways thats my opinion and it's worth exactly what you paid for it...nothing...

You are using the big YFZ can,not the smal Honda 400ex can that comes in the other kit that is about half the size.Remember,Apples and Apples,not Apples and prunes.:laugh:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You might try yours first I ran my 09 with msd and muzzy wide open for 2-3 miles at a time and had no issue but I have mine torn down now for 840 kit and will be putting one in but the 09 has a little better design than the 08 so you might try it and watch for oil and see, like I said I had no issue stock.
Thanks Bigdaddy, I will try first and if I need one I'll call Todd. Thanks everybody for your comments, this is a super group of Teryx owners.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts