Teryx HQ banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a turbo teryx and am thinking of putting my old teryx gear with brute bevels because i want to do lots of mudding but am not sure if the stock ones can hold up. I am also got a bb 840 kit with rods and low compression pistons so i dono if the teryx gears will stand up but i just cant get any low end power with ought smocking my clutch. Any suggestions guy's

Thanks guy's

·
383 Posts
Don't be so greedy is my suggestion. :D

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
i have a turbo teryx and am thinking of putting my old teryx gear with brute bevels because i want to do lots of mudding but am not sure if the stock ones can hold up. I am also got a bb 840 kit with rods and low compression pistons so i dono if the teryx gears will stand up but i just cant get any low end power with ought smocking my clutch. Any suggestions guy's

Thanks guy's
The Teryx gears are the lowest

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
are the teryx gears strong enough

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
one day ill ride it, how was the rally. I got all the gears and was thinking of ripping it apart.

·
Registered
53 Posts
It was sweeeeeet went ripping and then got rippppped lol. going out this weekend to.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
where u going

·
383 Posts
I think he might be coming to babysit me at Cow lake (rocky mtn. house). :D Should be good to go I think, TwinC.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I watched a teryx (know the guy that built it) with a gear reduction and factory diff gears with an 840 kit. He was in line to race at Mud Nats, launched and made it ten feet before shattering the rear diff. I have a modded 750 with gear reduction and its more than enough to move my 32s and 10inch lift with no problem... also has no belt slip and I can pull the front tires in the sand.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I watched a teryx (know the guy that built it) with a gear reduction and factory diff gears with an 840 kit. He was in line to race at Mud Nats, launched and made it ten feet before shattering the rear diff. I have a modded 750 with gear reduction and its more than enough to move my 32s and 10inch lift with no problem... also has no belt slip and I can pull the front tires in the sand.
i have vforce gears right now and was wondering if the teryx gears would hold up if i switched back i have the set sitting in my garage just on the fence about putting them in right now i only have high gear no low and the high is vforce gears.

·
Registered
139 Posts
i have vforce gears right now and was wondering if the teryx gears would hold up if i switched back i have the set sitting in my garage just on the fence about putting them in right now i only have high gear no low and the high is vforce gears.
If you are wanting to do a lot of mudding then you are going to need low. I am sure the teryx gears would hold up. But if you can go all vforce then I would. It all depends on what kind of mudding you are wanting to do also... i.e. size tires,lift and what kind of mudding.

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
Keep the V-Force gears and just go with Turner cycle low gears. I'm the one that came up with how to build the kit,but he made them off my motor I sent him. IMO they are to low for what you have but the V-Force gears are a little high for what you want to do so it should all work out,and be strong!:good:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Keep the V-Force gears and just go with Turner cycle low gears. I'm the one that came up with how to build the kit,but he made them off my motor I sent him. IMO they are to low for what you have but the V-Force gears are a little high for what you want to do so it should all work out,and be strong!:good:
If i did that how hard would it be to clutch and where can i buy this kit

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts

Thanks guy's
Have you done the clutch work already?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts