Teryx HQ banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This started a while back. When I turned the key off after riding, there was this constant ticking noise (like a clock). I didn't pay it much attention. Then it drained my battery so now i'm paying attention. I believe it's coming from the belt actuator. I unhooked the clips, and it quit. I rode it around the parking lot of my bros shop and nothing seemed out of ordinary.

Question is, do I need to replace this 250$ part, or is it ok to just leave it unplugged? Doesn't it just help/control engine braking?

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
This started a while back. When I turned the key off after riding, there was this constant ticking noise (like a clock). I didn't pay it much attention. Then it drained my battery so now i'm paying attention. I believe it's coming from the belt actuator. I unhooked the clips, and it quit. I rode it around the parking lot of my bros shop and nothing seemed out of ordinary.

Question is, do I need to replace this 250$ part, or is it ok to just leave it unplugged? Doesn't it just help/control engine braking?
You mean if it never stops?

Do you get a code or 2wd/4wd flashing on dash?

BTW you can buy a used one for $125 on powersportsnation.net

1 - 2 of 2 Posts